Low Pressure Boiler issues

Options
Hi there,

I am looking for some assistance / guidance please from anyone who is knowledgeable with boilers. So, I’ve noticed over the past few weeks that my Combi boiler is sitting at zero pressure when it’s turned off. Any time I need heating / hot water, I have to top up the boiler with water and it then works with no issues. However, when I’m turning the boiler off the gauge is showing it’s at 3 roughly then I look at the gauge 15- 20 minutes after it’s been turned off and it’s down at zero.

I’ve lived in my house for 2.5 years and went a full year without having to top up the boiler so I understand having to do this sometimes multiple times a day is not normal.

I’ve checked and inspected everywhere surrounding the boiler and I can’t see any visible water / leaking although there is a patch on the wall not far from the boiler that looks slightly discoloured and damp.... not sure if this could be related at all? The washer in my kitchen hot water tap also needs replaced as water is leaking out this when running, could this be related?

I’ve had so many costly home issues this year and I’m really hoping this is a simple, easy and inexpensive fix.

I would really appreciate any help on this but I will contact a professional to look at this further as I live alone and have no idea when it comes to this kind of stuff unfortunately.

Thanks for taking the time time to read. I look forward to hearing from you.

Debs

Comments

• Talldave
    Talldave Posts: 2,002 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I'm not a professional but have had several pressurised boilers. If you're losing all pressure then you have a serious problem. All that water you're putting in is going somewhere, so the damp patch could be a clue.

The hot water tap is nothing to do with the pressure loss.

Sadly, it sounds as if you're going to have to get a professional in and soon, because if water is leaking into the fabric of the building then you could have even costlier repairs on your hands.
  • ChrisNI
    Options
    Sounds like either a leak or a problem with the expansion vessel. Either way, get a professional to look at it
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure