IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Sudden QDR solicitor bill of £4500

Options

Comments

• Gary_
    Gary_ Posts: 26 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thank you. Yes, I will definitely ask them for this information and also write to DVLA myself to check this. If they don't provide me with the information, can I report them to anyone? The credit services association perhaps?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    They pay the DVLA just £2.50 per electronic access.

Email your enquiry to the DVLA, they will respond by snail mail. They say they will respond within a month, but in my experience it's around a week, but with 33 dates to check, it may be longer. Just go for it and see what comes through from them. Let us know the outcome.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Gary_
    Options
    Also, the PCN itself was originally £20 each so the charges are massive! Most have gone up to £128 each! I suppose they are going to say that as well as the DVLA requests for information there are 'admin' charges because of chasing me with letters sent to my old address all this time. I will ask for a full break down of the charges.

Thanks again.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Gary_ wrote: »
    KeithP wrote: »
    ...and 33 instances of asking for keeper details from the DVLA.

Easy to check that one. See here:

Brilliant! I didn't realise we could check this ourselves! They did say over the phone that £30 of each was to check the DVLA records for my address. My question was, if there were so many of them (some one day after another) then why did they need to check this again for each day? I will definitely put this all in writing to them. Thank you for your help!

Did they indeed ???? Each application to the DVLA costs
    them £2.50 each.and cannot be claimed back from you

33 X £2.50 would amount to £82.50 to which they bear
    the cost, not you

Did they really say £30 each ?????

Plus, they are only allowed to request details per ticket ONCE
  • Gary_
    Options
    beamerguy wrote: »

Did they indeed ???? Each application to the DVLA costs
    them £2.50 each.and cannot be claimed back from you

33 X £2.50 would amount to £82.50 to which they bear
    the cost, not you

Did they really say £30 each ?????

Plus, they are only allowed to request details per ticket ONCE

That's shocking!! I'm so glad I posted on this site. Yes they did say to me on the phone that £30 of the fee was to request details from DVLA. I didn't take in the other bits because I was still in shock. I did ask them via email for the breakdown of fees but since they haven't responded yet I will email then again....
  • Gary_
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    They pay the DVLA just £2.50 per electronic access.

Email your enquiry to the DVLA, they will respond by snail mail. They say they will respond within a month, but in my experience it's around a week, but with 33 dates to check, it may be longer. Just go for it and see what comes through from them. Let us know the outcome.

Will do, thanks!
  • beamerguy
    Options
    Also, the PCN itself was originally £20 each so the charges are massive! Most have gone up to £128 each! I suppose they are going to say that as well as the DVLA requests for information there are 'admin' charges because of chasing me with letters sent to my old address all this time. I will ask for a full break down of the charges.

Thanks again.

All becoming much clearer now, they can only claim for the face
    value of the ticket ... £20 = £660
    They can add interest at base rate so not much more
    The court fee will be £25.00 and solicitors costs £50 approx
    (I am not sure if £25 court fee is correct on £660)

So QDR are tring to extort money from you.
    QDR is owned by Wright Hassall

The courts will not allow extortion
  • beamerguy
    Options
    beamerguy wrote: »

That's shocking!! I'm so glad I posted on this site. Yes they did say to me on the phone that £30 of the fee was to request details from DVLA. I didn't take in the other bits because I was still in shock. I did ask them via email for the breakdown of fees but since they haven't responded yet I will email then again....

Clarify please .... £30 DVLA COSTS for all tickets or £30
    per ticket
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    The court fee will be based on the face value of their claim - £4,500 = £185 court fee using MCOL.

https://www.gov.uk/make-court-claim-for-money/court-fees
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • beamerguy
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    The court fee will be based on the face value of their claim - £4,500 = £185 court fee using MCOL.

https://www.gov.uk/make-court-claim-for-money/court-fees

Thanks Umk .... was not sure.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family