Pay during the Olympics

Options
Are you entitled to any help if the olympics stops you from working, therefore stops your pay?

Was told that the goverment has set aside money for this, but i cant seem to find anything online about it.

Comments

• Notmyrealname
    Notmyrealname Posts: 4,003 Forumite
    Options
    Why would the Olympics stop you from working?
  • apoorlykitten
    Options
    my friend works on the roads and has been 'laid off' during the olympics. he is currently searching for work to fill this time. he hasnt been made aware of any help he could get so it would be interesting to see if he will get any .
    altho asking on here is probably not the best idea, youll just be told to get a job and stop claiming benefits you dont need ?

shame as this is meant to help people.

actually i wont tar everyone with the same brush, there really are some nice people who offer sensible advice.

good luck .
  • apoorlykitten
    Options
    id be intersted to find out why they have too ? bit weird but they are ?
  • fogartyblue.
    Options
    sameyles wrote: »
    Are you entitled to any help if the olympics stops you from working, therefore stops your pay?

Was told that the goverment has set aside money for this, but i cant seem to find anything online about it.

Whatever next!!

What about the when the Arndale in Manchester was blown up by the IRA, did all of the employees that had no shop to work in receive 'benefits'?

What happens when they dig a road up and access to businesses is closed. Do the employees get a 'benefit' payment?

What about the businesses that had to close for security purposes when they held the Commonwealth Games in Manchester, what about those employees?

Give me strength, the more I read the more I am certain that people actually believe that they should be compensated for everything!
  • Chrissiew
    Chrissiew Posts: 374 Forumite
    Options
    my friend works on the roads and has been 'laid off' during the olympics. he is currently searching for work to fill this time. he hasnt been made aware of any help he could get so it would be interesting to see if he will get any .
    altho asking on here is probably not the best idea, youll just be told to get a job and stop claiming benefits you dont need ?

shame as this is meant to help people.

actually i wont tar everyone with the same brush, there really are some nice people who offer sensible advice.

good luck .

I have replied to you in another post where you say posters on here are not nice, as I said in that one, its unfair you say this to posters, especially new posters as it could put them off posting and seeking advice.

Just because you dont hear what you want to hear on posts you create doesnt mean people on here are not nice.
    not all on benefits are scroungers and don't need to be bullied!
  • apoorlykitten
    Options
    Whatever next!!

What about the when the Arndale in Manchester was blown up by the IRA, did all of the employees that had no shop to work in receive 'benefits'?

What happens when they dig a road up and access to businesses is closed. Do the employees get a 'benefit' payment?

What about the businesses that had to close for security purposes when they held the Commonwealth Games in Manchester, what about those employees?

Give me strength, the more I read the more I am certain that people actually believe that they should be compensated for everything!

need i say more .........
  • apoorlykitten
    Options
    Chrissiew wrote: »
    I have replied to you in another post where you say posters on here are not nice, as I said in that one, its unfair you say this to posters, especially new posters as it could put them off posting and seeking advice.

Just because you dont hear what you want to hear on posts you create doesnt mean people on here are not nice.

i wish i had be warned ............
  • Chrissiew
    edited 18 April 2012 at 1:02PM
    Options
    i wish i had be warned ............

Theres nothing to warn people about, you will get replies that are straight to the point, and you wont get molly coddled and hear what you want to hear all the time.
  • Chrissiew
    Options
    Whatever next!!

I live in the town where they are holding the sailing events and its been quite the opposite, new jobs have been created, building of an olympic village, they need translators, warders, security guards, hospitality staff, the shops will do a roaring trade as will the pubs and clubs.

The only situation I can see where people will have to stop working is if the bosses and owners of work places close up so they can go and see the games, and in that case its not the fault of the goverment and those who close up should be the ones to compensate the work force.
  • Elvisia
    Elvisia Posts: 914 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    This doesn't help you but there have been companies who have been fighting in the courts for compensation, where they've been told they have to move their offices ahead of the Olympics, also companies have been suing where they've lost business because of it (in the FT). I can't find out anything about individuals, but I can understand you wanting some comeback from not being able to work. My friend works for TFL and all sorts of odd reimbursement is going on there.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure