Which ISP?

Options
2»

Comments

• JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Probably more good reviews for Sky than PN .
  • Xenon
    Xenon Posts: 235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I moved from Sky Unlimited 17mb to Vodafone 76mb (£24pm) on the 12th March - i must say so far (touch wood) it's been fine.
    Any contact through live chat has been quick and easy(lot quicker than Sky ever did).
    The process has been smooth so far - hope it continues.
  • Arklight
    Arklight Posts: 3,171 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 16 March 2018 at 9:05PM
    Options
    I would avoid Vodafone as a company. I would also be very wary of assuming that anything their advisors told you by chat or any other means, was sorted out - actually was. Or had any basis in reality at all.

Also ten years since they started doing this it appears they still haven!!!8217;t got over their persistent habit of failing to ask departing customers for their final bill adjustment (often only two or three pounds) and then reporting a credit default to Experian.

I know someone this has happened to personally who almost lost her house purchase when she was turned down for a mortgage over a £3.18 default she knew nothing about.

I was a bit surprised she then proceeded to install Vodafone broadband in said house after weeks of hell trying to get them to remove the default. They get internet for roughly half the day.

Vodafone tech support consider that to be quite good.
  • carterbequest
    Options
    Have been using EE for a few years now. There was some problems with the original set up but since then it has been great.

What I would say is that their customer service has always been excellent and they've sorted any queries out quickly.
  • manutd99
    manutd99 Posts: 482 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    JJ_Egan wrote: »
    Probably more good reviews for Sky than PN .

Might consider Sky
    Have been using EE for a few years now. There was some problems with the original set up but since then it has been great.

What I would say is that their customer service has always been excellent and they've sorted any queries out quickly.

EE is 18 months contract

As I dont want to be tied into an 18 month contract due to few reasons. I am limited to who I go with

Down to only a few. Sky at £20 a month or BT Student broadband. 9 month contract. £25 a month. Some other eg now TV, post office etc iv heard very little of.

Would ideally wouldn't mind Virgin Media as good experiences with there speed and connection but more expensive. Shame bill credit has dropped to £75 as well as someone mentioning on another thread they did not honour £150 credit (when it was £150). Might've risked it if it was £150 credit. Saving screenshots etc

Is it worth paying the £5 extra for BT for a better reliable connection? Are sky generally ok? as just don't want the hassle of connection dropping.
  • JJ_Egan
    Options
    (post office ) resold talk talk .

Basically your BT connection comes down the same wire as Sky .
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    manutd99 wrote: »
    Would ideally wouldn't mind Virgin Media as good experiences with there speed and connection but more expensive.

And yet many (very many) on here have had nothing but problems with Virgin. You could go with anyone and find you've got problems as it's going to depend on many factors not least the local infrastructure.
  • Arklight
    Arklight Posts: 3,171 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Theres either some fundamental engineering problem with the technology that Virgin use to deliver internet that they won!!!8217;t admit to, or their network is very congested and they traffic shape.

I!!!8217;ve known a few people who had Virgin but I don!!!8217;t know anyone who kept it after the initial contract was up.
  • JJ_Egan
    Options
    <Virgin but I don!!!8217;t know anyone who kept it after the initial contract was up.>

hundreds of thousands of them .
    unless they are on a very congested box .
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure