Getting very frustrated

Options
We moved into a new build home jan 2018 and contacted all utilities.
Water company said we would receive our account details but could take 6 weeks.

8 weeks later nothing received so I called them again. Gave them the meter serial number and they again apologised and said they would set us up but could take 6-12 weeks!

3 months later still nothing received! So I called again to be told basically to wait another few weeks.
July comes round and still no word so I call again. This time telling them I was getting concerned and I didn’t want a huge bill falling onto my doormat. After an investigation they said nothing had been done! Again took meter number and said they would begin the set up process which could take another 6-12 weeks!
October still nothing.
I have contacted them on twitter to be told they can’t help. Online can’t help as I don’t have an account number!!

Obviously it’s now February over a year since moving in and I haven’t paid a penny for my water.
On every call I’ve made to them I keep saying I just want to give you some money!!!

Guys what do I do???
DEBT FREE AND PROUD:D
'Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt'

Comments

• Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,038 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Contact the Consumer Council for Water - complaints

https://www.ccwater.org.uk/make-a-complaint/
  • sistafromanothermista
    Options
    Update

So I called the water company again. One last shot. They called me back to say it has been escalated and they will give me a call next week. When I said ‘I hope you don’t think I’m going to pay for a years worth of water up front’ they said they can only bill for 6 months!!
    I’ll do another update when I know more.
    DEBT FREE AND PROUD:D
    'Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt'
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure