Onwards and downwards...

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Happy belated Anniversary, sorry the meal was rubbish.

Well done on the car payment.

Hope that the bank account has something reasonable in it for you and not 50p :D

Have a lovely weekend x
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Have a lovely day

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,128 Forumite
    Options
    DH did a fantastic job in the garden yesterday, clearing back some of the overgrown stuff. :T :T It looks so much better and we can think about making the space more usable now.

I've done really well with my spending this week, in that until today I'd only spent on fuel and £10 towards the meal out the other day (we had some money given to us, so DH and I split the rest). Today I went in to buy my lunch and a few bits (I try and take lunch the rest of the week, but treat myself on Friday, it's something to consider for the future). Spent £8.10.

At long last we've heard about the restructure at work. It looks like for now my job is safe. I am relieved, but some of my colleagues are at risk, so it's not nice :(

I did my run this morning, another 1lb off too :T That's 10lb lost now just making small changes.

My only item currently selling on ebay, I had a request to cancel the bid this morning :( Hope it all picks up soon!
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • jwil
    Options
    Happy belated Anniversary, sorry the meal was rubbish.

Well done on the car payment.

Hope that the bank account has something reasonable in it for you and not 50p :D

Have a lovely weekend x

Thank you :) Hey, I'm hoping for a £1 :D:D
    Have a lovely day

x

Thank you, you too :)
  • jwil
    Options
    Woo hoo, I've actually sold some stuff on ebay :T :T 8 lots :T Hopefully my dry spell is coming to an end. Going to get those packed and posted today. One is a bundle of books, so that will clear some space :j

I've got 4 days off now, so planning on tackling toys with the kids. I'm going to use some of my RM survey vouchers and some of my ebay money to buy some storage boxes for their unit. The ones we have on there are quite small, and there aren't enough of them. Hopefully we'll get a lot more in these ones, and with a bit of decluttering, hopefully we can get the majority of toys off the floor.

DH took the kids Gromit spotting again yesterday whilst I was working. They managed to see another 23, so we've ticked off 40/67. That will probably be it now, but he bought tickets for the roundup where they put all of them together, so we'll be able to see all the rest in September.

Little jwil has a party later (again!).

Have a good weekend everyone :)
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Wish I could go gromit spotting. We once tracked down a lot of the elephant parade elephants in London. It was fun.
    Glad the eBay drought has come to an end. I'm working up to checking on line banking to see what my mortgage will increase by. Whatever it is, it already feels like too much.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • jwil
    Options
    Wish I could go gromit spotting. We once tracked down a lot of the elephant parade elephants in London. It was fun.
    Glad the eBay drought has come to an end. I'm working up to checking on line banking to see what my mortgage will increase by. Whatever it is, it already feels like too much.

I like doing the trails, it's good fun. There's an owl trail in Bath too, but we haven't made it to that one yet.

My mortgage company were quick enough to send an email telling us the rate would be going up. We haven't had final confirmation yet. I think it's about £15 if I remember correctly. Still £15 I could do without!
  • jwil
    Options
    I had a very spendy day yesterday. Must make sure I write it all down in my spending diary!

I got the storage for the kids, and also a shoe door hanger thing that can be used to store their action figures. I used my love to shop vouchers so saved £5.

Then grocery shopping. I spent more, but had to buy nappies and got some underwear for both kiddies as little jwil is growing out of his, and little miss is getting ready for potty training.
  • jwil
    Options
    We went for a wander around the car boot yesterday. I must add my spends to the diary, keep forgetting :o

£5 on a black bag full of Duplo
    50p on some flash cards
    40p on two books

Spending diary all up to date.

Another two parcels posted today, another bundle of books and dvds gone :T

Little jwil has this morning looked through all the kids DVDs and put a big pile to go. :T

I haven't been for my run today as I was feeling ill during the night. I don't feel great today, but think it's tiredness rather than anything else. Frustrating as I'm off work so was hoping to get some stuff done. I'll plod on and see how I get on.
  • jwil
    Options
    As I've started selling some stuff on ebay again, I thought I'd use some of the proceeds to make some small pads.

Today's pads:

£1.93 to Mortgage
    £1.00 to debt savings
    £3.02 to em savings
    £0.00 to car savings

Debt savings - [STRIKE]£19,320[/STRIKE]/£19,196 - £124 paid :T

Car savings: Target: £3500/ Achieved: £1100.00 (31.4%)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport