I can exit without termination fee from post office before 1st of nov but how could I get internet?

Options
cashmonger
cashmonger Posts: 411 Forumite
edited 17 October 2019 at 7:51PM in Broadband & internet access
..for a few more days?

I want to move house mid-end november and would have had to pay a sizable early termination fee but a bit of luck came about and post office are changing their prices offering a free getout before first of nov.

So I can get out but is there any way to get internet access for like half a month till then? I work online and I am sure I will be wanting to look things up related to moving as well in that time period.

So is there anything I could immediately switch to on a pay as you go/no contract basis?

I guess I could switch to another provider for a new normal contract and just cancel under a 30 day cool off period.

But I would just like the easiest option.

Comments

• Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Mobile broadband?
  • onomatopoeia99
    Options
    There are ISPs that offer 1 month minimum terms, but you have to pay setup fees. "No contract" is pie in the sky, every supplier will require you to agree to a contract detailing their obligations to you and your obligations to them, irrespective of the duration.
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
  • cashmonger
    Options
    There are ISPs that offer 1 month minimum terms, but you have to pay setup fees. "No contract" is pie in the sky, every supplier will require you to agree to a contract detailing their obligations to you and your obligations to them, irrespective of the duration.

What do you mean pie in the sky? In that it doesn't exist? There are quite a few no contract options so don't know what you mean by that statement.

Yes every company has terms and conditions that doesn't mean every company requires a 12 month contract?
  • matelodave
    matelodave Posts: 8,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 18 October 2019 at 9:17AM
    Options
    If it's only for a few days (or even weeks), then I'd suggest that you either use your mobile phone as a hotspot or get a MiFi dongle with a paygo sim card (assuming that you've got a decent mobile signal where you live).

A Mifi unit solved our woes when BT disconnected us for a couple of weeks last year and the water board did the same about three days after we were reconnected when they dug up the cables.

We also take the MiFi unit away with us in the caravan. We've also got an old mobile phone with a cheap Paygo Sim in it that will give us a hotspot if necessary.

We use a Three 12 month sim, but you can get 30 day ones depending on your requirements.
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    30 Day cool off ?? more like 14 days .
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income