Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 7th Mar 14, 2:58 PM
    • 14,151Posts
    • 43,718Thanks
    sarah1972
    0 WOW
    Shop & Scan
    • 7th Mar 14, 2:58 PM
    0 WOW
    Shop & Scan 7th Mar 14 at 2:58 PM
    As the Shop and Scan thread is getting long now and people are asking for referrals I thought it was about time for a new thread. Old thread here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=321950

Please note that registration is by invite only but you can register your interest in joining the panel here www.volunteer4panels.com

How it works

What we ask you to do
    Scanning in your shopping

Every time you or anyone else in your household buys something which is brought back home, please scan.

We also ask you to provide us with an image of your till receipt whenever you make a shopping trip. The best way to do so is by scanning the receipt with a flatbed/copy scanner. If you do not have one then you can take a photo using a digital camera instead.

At the end of EACH week please remember to transmit your barcodes and upload your till receipts...

Connect the Clicker to your PC
    Visit www.shopandscan.com
    Click on Transmit your Barcodes
    Clicker and Lead Arrow Address Bar Arrow Transmit Button
    After transmitting your barcodes please also Submit your Till Receipts.

Your weekly reward points will then be added to your Reward Account on the following Monday.

What we offer in return

Reward Points

As thanks for your participation, we will enrol you in our Reward Points Programme as soon as you register with us.
    We will regularly credit your account with points in exchange for your continued participation in the ShopandScan survey.
    You can review you balance at any time by logging into your Reward Account.

As soon as you have enough points, you may redeem them for any vouchers from the wide selection available.

Or you can accumulate your points for even greater rewards... the choice is yours.

Membership is free for you... there are no hidden costs associated with redemption of your Reward Points.
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
Page 3
    • maiden_scotland
    • By maiden_scotland 25th Aug 14, 12:01 PM
    • 674 Posts
    • 3,764 Thanks
    maiden_scotland
    Yes, since they introduced the new app a few weeks ago they have reduced the points and it takes much longer to do.
    Originally posted by lolly5648
    Thank you .... I couldn't believe the drop in the points, they get more info from the app so you'd think they'd at the very least keep the points the same not drop them ah well
    • xsunnysuex
    • By xsunnysuex 25th Aug 14, 4:45 PM
    • 563 Posts
    • 1,777 Thanks
    xsunnysuex
    I didn't know about an app. Do you have use it? I see it's on itunes. My phone is android.
    • lolly5648
    • By lolly5648 25th Aug 14, 5:00 PM
    • 2,230 Posts
    • 1,181 Thanks
    lolly5648
    I didn't know about an app. Do you have use it? I see it's on itunes. My phone is android.
    Originally posted by xsunnysuex
    It is also in the Play Store. We received an email telling us to use the app in future. It is more labour intensive than previously.
    • maiden_scotland
    • By maiden_scotland 25th Aug 14, 5:06 PM
    • 674 Posts
    • 3,764 Thanks
    maiden_scotland
    It is also in the Play Store. We received an email telling us to use the app in future. It is more labour intensive than previously.
    Originally posted by lolly5648
    I still had the e-mail still in my inbox, I would of found the points changes myself there <doh> - here's the info :

Thank you for taking part in our Food On The Go panel. We'd like to tell you about some exciting new changes to the panel, and what you need to do to begin taking part in the new Food On The Go task using our mobile app.

The new app will allow you to tell us about an even wider range of items that you buy and places that you buy them from. We have summarised the key points about the new task below. Full details and instructions on how to take part can be found on our new website: www.fotg.co.uk/app.

Bonus points!

Download the app by Sunday 3rd August 2014, we will award an extra 1000 points as a bonus!

Advantages of the app
    With the new app, you can now quickly and easily scan the barcodes of all your items using the in-built barcode scanner. This means that you no longer have to manually enter each barcode number.
    You don't need to remember any codes for snacks or shops - now you can just select them from lists.
    You will have the opportunity to answer additional questionnaires regarding your food and drink purchases, for which you'll earn even more reward points.

What should I record in the app?
    Please tell us about all meals, snacks and drinks (excluding alcohol) that you purchase to be consumed outside of the home.
    These items should be items you've bought for yourself or others.
    Do not record any free items or items that were purchased for you by others.

How do I download the app?
    Simply click here on your mobile phone to go straight to the App Store.
    Alternatively, visit the App Store or Google Play Store from your mobile phone and search for "Food On The Go".
    Once downloaded, sign in using the panel number given at the top of this e-mail. There is no need to enter a password.
    After logging in open the Complete Registration survey and press Submit.
    Please visit our website for more details on data usage www.fotg.co.uk/app/FAQ .

Rewards changes

We have also made the following changes to the rewards that you will receive for carrying out the Food On The Go App task. Each week you will receive:
    250 points for the first occasion that you submit through the app that week.
    100 points for every additional occasion that you submit purchases through the app. Up to a maximum of 40 total occasions each week will be paid for.
    250 points if you tell us that you did not purchase anything by selecting the 'Nothing Bought' option in the app at the end of the week.
    All point rewards will be added to your household's Reward Account as before.

Thanks for your ongoing support. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you any issues or queries and we hope that you enjoy using the new app.

Kind regards,
    Food On The Go Helpdesk Team

http://www.fotg.co.uk/app
    helpdesk@fotg.co.uk
    Free phone: 0500 560 152
    • xsunnysuex
    • By xsunnysuex 25th Aug 14, 5:23 PM
    • 563 Posts
    • 1,777 Thanks
    xsunnysuex
    Ohh I didn't get that email. Unless I missed it. What date was on the email please?
    And what was in the subject line? Looking to see if I can find it.
    Last edited by xsunnysuex; 25-08-2014 at 5:43 PM.
    • maiden_scotland
    • By maiden_scotland 25th Aug 14, 6:08 PM
    • 674 Posts
    • 3,764 Thanks
    maiden_scotland
    Ohh I didn't get that email. Unless I missed it. What date was on the email please?
    And what was in the subject line? Looking to see if I can find it.
    Originally posted by xsunnysuex
    It was sent on July 31st and the subject line is: Food On The Go - Upgrade to our mobile app

Hope you find it, if you've any trouble give them a call as you'll need the log in id for the app ... hope that helps
    • xsunnysuex
    • By xsunnysuex 26th Aug 14, 9:22 AM
    • 563 Posts
    • 1,777 Thanks
    xsunnysuex
    I couldn't find an email. So I called them this morning. They said there were only a few members invited. It is a trial at the moment. And if it works ok, all members will be changed to the app in small amounts.
    • scubaangel
    • By scubaangel 26th Aug 14, 5:29 PM
    • 6,580 Posts
    • 10,447 Thanks
    scubaangel
    Odd I was invited to use the app but hadn't been on the fotg panel previously (at least if I was I never submitted anything to them!)
    Itís not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you werenít doing it.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5135113
    • maiden_scotland
    • By maiden_scotland 26th Aug 14, 5:49 PM
    • 674 Posts
    • 3,764 Thanks
    maiden_scotland
    Just received a text from them to say that any sent via SMS won't be awarded points, no no points for last week then! and that points will only be awarded to those sent via the app - wish I wasn't one of the ones that was invited , it's all gone downhill since
    • littlewren
    • By littlewren 27th Aug 14, 5:28 PM
    • 1,790 Posts
    • 720 Thanks
    littlewren
    I was on the Food Diary panel every few months, filling out the paper booklet, up until about 6 months ago. I then didn't receive one so I gave them a call and it appears they don't need me to do that diary anymore now......because of my age
    Money, money, money, must be funny, in the rich man's World!
    • grunnie
    • By grunnie 31st Aug 14, 12:29 PM
    • 1,757 Posts
    • 10,569 Thanks
    grunnie
    How long do they take to answer emails as I have changed my computer and now on Windows 8.1 and that doesn't seem compatible with their system
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 31st Aug 14, 12:42 PM
    • 14,151 Posts
    • 43,718 Thanks
    sarah1972
    How long do they take to answer emails as I have changed my computer and now on Windows 8.1 and that doesn't seem compatible with their system
    Originally posted by grunnie
    I usually get a reply within 24 hours but to be honest it's probably better calling them.
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    • grunnie
    • By grunnie 10th Sep 14, 3:11 PM
    • 1,757 Posts
    • 10,569 Thanks
    grunnie
    I have given up doing shop and scan after many years 10+ at least and phoned them to let them know. I was told I would get a jiffy bag to return the clicker etc and am still waiting. Yesterday I got a quite sharp email from them to say hurry up and return our clicker which you don't get to keep!!. I replied that I had not received a jiffy bag as promised. Today I got a very aggressive phone call ( it was a taped message ) demanding the clicker to be sent back and says to press 1 if I wanted to speak to a person. I did this and was cut off. I then phoned them and they are sending out another jiffy bag.What a way to treat someone who has been a loyal shop and scan shopper for years.Politeness costs nothing and if they are reading this then please listen to your taped message and rerecord it in a nicer manner.
    • Aesop
    • By Aesop 10th Sep 14, 6:06 PM
    • 23,904 Posts
    • 155,614 Thanks
    Aesop
    Originally posted by grunnie
    I use the app

https://www.shopandscan.com/html/desktopapp.htm
    Make upto £10 a day - September 2019 £0.00

Make upto £10 a day - best thread ever.
    • compmad1
    • By compmad1 12th Sep 14, 9:24 PM
    • 923 Posts
    • 1,241 Thanks
    compmad1
    I was on the Food Diary panel every few months, filling out the paper booklet, up until about 6 months ago. I then didn't receive one so I gave them a call and it appears they don't need me to do that diary anymore now......because of my age
    Originally posted by littlewren
    How old are you? Don't say if it's too personal.
    Last edited by compmad1; 12-09-2014 at 9:26 PM. Reason: spelling error
    • CharleyYpres
    • By CharleyYpres 16th Sep 14, 9:27 PM
    • 293 Posts
    • 2,951 Thanks
    CharleyYpres
    I got my first voucher from these, and it is a nice little service, but good grief they give you hassle if you don't submit! So many phone calls and emails and things through the post because I forgot to submit one food shop!
    2016 winnings: £983.09
    Good luck everyone
    • grunnie
    • By grunnie 17th Sep 14, 12:50 PM
    • 1,757 Posts
    • 10,569 Thanks
    grunnie
    I got my first voucher from these, and it is a nice little service, but good grief they give you hassle if you don't submit! So many phone calls and emails and things through the post because I forgot to submit one food shop!
    Originally posted by CharleyYpres
    If you think that is hassle wait till you give up and try to return the clicker and flex. To date 3 emails 2 postcards and 4 phone calls from them and a similar number of phone calls to them and I am still waiting for a prepaid jiffy bag to return the items.
    • littlewren
    • By littlewren 17th Sep 14, 6:58 PM
    • 1,790 Posts
    • 720 Thanks
    littlewren
    How old are you? Don't say if it's too personal.
    Originally posted by compmad1

I'm 47..............had to put in the dots as the message was too short to post otherwise lol
    Money, money, money, must be funny, in the rich man's World!
    • compmad1
    • By compmad1 18th Sep 14, 7:24 PM
    • 923 Posts
    • 1,241 Thanks
    compmad1
    I'm 47..............had to put in the dots as the message was too short to post otherwise lol
    Originally posted by littlewren
    Thanks. I'll soon be given the sack then!
    • ciderboy2009
    • By ciderboy2009 20th Sep 14, 9:05 AM
    • 626 Posts
    • 588 Thanks
    ciderboy2009
    Has anyone been able to transmit their barcodes this morning?
    I've tried via the desktop app and through my browser but no joy.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

287Posts Today

3,775Users online

Martin's Twitter