Options
13»

Comments

• johnny_s
    johnny_s Posts: 29 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    and factually correct.

Thanks, however it still doesn't answer my question.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    johnny_s wrote: »
    Some people are trying to help, and I appreciate this. Some of the comments are useless and adding no value.

If there any facts that I have omitted then I'd be happy to clarify.

I don't think the lines were installed between my last pre-purchase visit and you moving in. They look like they're been in place a while, and even in need of replacement.

As recommended, perhaps I'll contact my solicitor and see if there's any legal issues surrounding the lines.

I'd only like to encourage offers of advice from those who can offer advice, thanks :)

Since you don't seem to like any of the answers then go and waste your money on a solicitor, they'll be more than happy to take it.

That's me offering advice BTW ;)
  • johnny_s
    First Post
    Options
    Since you don't seem to like any of the answers then go and waste your money on a solicitor, they'll be more than happy to take it.

That's me offering advice BTW ;)

Why do you think it would be a waste of money if I was to contact a solicitor? I actually liked that answer :)
  • Frozen_up_north
    Options
    johnny_s wrote: »
    Why do you think it would be a waste of money if I was to contact a solicitor? I actually liked that answer :)

Because you/they are unlikely to get Openreach to remove the cables from your property and clutter another house with them, or dig the neighbourhood up to put the cables underground.

The Post Office, then BT, now Openreach, have a long history of pretty much putting wires where they want. But good luck trying to persuade them.
  • johnny_s
    First Post
    Options
    Thank you :)
  • G_M
    G_M Posts: 51,977 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Please let me know what you think of my post.
  • nortong
    nortong Posts: 122 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    G_M wrote: »
    Please let me know what you think of my post.

On reading the first part of your post there is a tantalising hint, a mere whiff, of exciting things to come, Unfortunately, the main body of your question is lost in a rambling, rather meandering sub analysis of historical rhetoric. This partial let down is mitigated by an unexpected and slightly disturbing question at the conclusion though your clever manipulation of the humorous sub plot is nothing short of a literary masterpiece.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure