Paragon Isa

Options
We opened the Easy Access Cash Isa`s on Monday and opted to transfer in our Santander Isa`s. So impressed with Paragon, easy to open the accounts, the welcome packs were received this morning and the Santander Isa money is in the account already :D

Comments

• xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,550 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have a Paragon ISA and found them very efficient.
  • roddydogs
    roddydogs Posts: 7,478 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Keep your eye on the rates, if they bring out a new issue with a higher rate they

wont tell youu its up to you to switch!
  • xylophone
    Options
    wont tell youu its up to you to switch!

I switched from old rate to new at the weekend - new account showed Monday and transfer all complete.
  • webwiz
    webwiz Posts: 215 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    katies_mum wrote: »
    We opened the Easy Access Cash Isa`s on Monday and opted to transfer in our Santander Isa`s. So impressed with Paragon, easy to open the accounts, the welcome packs were received this morning and the Santander Isa money is in the account already :D

Did you do the transfer on-line or did you print out the forms? I cannot find the place to do the on-line transfer anywhere on the site.
  • xylophone
    Options
    https://www.paragonbank.co.uk/personal/personal-faqs

Yes, you can transfer current or previous ISA savings into your account. You can transfer your ISAs during the application process, or if you already have a cash ISA with us you can transfer online by logging in and clicking on “transfer your ISA to Paragon”. Alternatively you can download a cash ISA transfer form or stocks and shares ISA transfer form.

https://www.paragonbank.co.uk/savings/cash-isas/limited-edition-easy-access-cash-isa
  • katies_mum
    katies_mum Posts: 2,348 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi webwiz, I did the transfer when I opened the account, it was very easy. They do have a form on their site you can print off and send in.

https://www.paragonbank.co.uk/resources/paragonbank/documents/savings/cashisatransferform its a freepost address
  • katies_mum
    katies_mum Posts: 2,348 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    webwiz, I have just logged into my Paragon Isa and it is giving me the option to transfer other Isa`s into my account online (as it did when I opened the account) this is great as want to transfer some of my Coventry Isa over. Hope this helps
  • Space_Captain
    Options
    My 2 year Paragon Isa finished an is now an Easy Access ISA 1.25%.

I am happy with Paragon. Service has been fine and their website is easy to use.

The rates as at todays date (16/10/19) are

Easy Access ISA 1.25%
    1 Year Fixed ISA 1.40%
    2 Year Fixed ISA 1.55%

Easy Access Savings 1.25%
    Fixed rate Savings 1 Year account 1.65%
    Fixed rate Savings 2 Year account 1.80%

It looks like I would be better off putting it in a 1 year savings account at 1.65% I don't need access to it but don't really want to tie it up for 2 years. I don't want to close the ISA so could leave a small amount in.

Any suggestions ?
  • roddydogs
    roddydogs Posts: 7,478 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Paragon only offer 1.25% for ea. Until a few weeks ago you could get 1.50 with Santander., so why switch?
  • Space_Captain
    Options
    roddydogs wrote: »
    Paragon only offer 1.25% for ea. Until a few weeks ago you could get 1.50 with Santander., so why switch?

Really. I'm with Santander for other accounts and their ISA rates are poor and have been for a while. Current Santander Easy Access ISA is 0.65%. Their fixed 2 year is 0.8%
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure