Time to mend and make do, beg, borrow and barter.

Options

Comments

• rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,536 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Woohoo
    :j:j:j
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Great news on the promotion and pay-rise missus :D

Hoping to pop over for a visit to your lovely gardens soon. Don't panic, will give you plenty of notice so as to have the kettle on and a bowl o water out for the wee furrybum ;)
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • gien
    gien Posts: 1,649 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Saw the lovely graduation photos on the book of face - hope you had a great day.
    Well done on the promotion - I love the gardening stuff, my sweet peas are just gorgeous at the moment and smell heavenly!
    Trying to keep in budget.

• Greying_Pilgrim
    Greying_Pilgrim Posts: 5,428 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm not allowed to wear wellies - but I shall ask for a review.

:D

^^^^:eek::eek::eek: - wot kinda establishment you working for??????? :rotfl::rotfl:

DD has graduated??? :eek::eek::eek: - where does the time go????

Love and hugs to You and Yours.

Greying X
    Pounds for Panes £2,590/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (April) -  £8/£15  (Camping TTD - £60/90)

Grocery spend April £214.28/215
    Non-food household spend April £29.23/25
    Bulk Fund April 0/£10

Knitted items for charity 1/24 (inc. Blankets 1/6)
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,292 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    The graduation picures were indeed fab.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • starnac
    starnac Posts: 5,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Lovely to "see" you lovely lady. Congratulations on promotion and payrise!! Although no wellies??? I'm not sure if you should have accepted it quite so quickly!!!

TRG has worked hard for a number of years and deserves the fancy graduation. Well done Mr!
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
    Overpayments £0/£200 not this month as need to put into savings instead
  • troglodyte
    troglodyte Posts: 697 Forumite
    Options
    Hello! Great to 'see' you back - and congrats on the internal promotion and pay rise, that's fabtastic! Can't believe you're not allowed wellies though!

Congrats to Mr stripes too.

Hope parentals are OK.

Has summer reached you there? Feels like full-blown summer here.

We were asked to join our village charity 'open gardens day' and it seemed mean to refuse, but now I'm regretting it - every time I go outside I just see more weeds or empty spaces or flowers that are already over or shrubs that seriously need pruning, and I'm imagining visitors will wonder why I offered to open! Could do with your expertise round here!
  • Pippilongstocking
    Pippilongstocking Posts: 16,336 Forumite
    Options
    Hey up folks how kind you all are indeed!

Graduation was himself - next one is DD. Then I think we're done with these. :) clever clogs they all are indeed.

Work is crazy we are one team member down - but its grand we'll get there. New to us all this change of team stuff so we are growing together.

Trog you sound worn out! Advice would be do what you can and put a wee sign up about 'wildlife gardening' - gardens shouldn't be too tidy its really very bad for the environment and the surrounding bugs. And, weeds are just native diversity. :D

If I could come and virtually weed for you I would.

Starnac - how kind and thank you I'll pass that on. As for no wellies - well I can wear steel toe cap wellies but my oh my - they are like trying to walk on the moon. Hope you and yours are well.

Beanie he did look good in his kilt, they always do eh. I hope you're well!

Gien I'm envious of the sweetpeas - ours are still thinking about going up the stakes..........:) hope your lands are grand.

Rt - I'm making icecream with maple syrup is that allowed? And I hope you're utterly splendid.

US - bring it! We had a lovely MSE pop in from a couple a week ago, how lovely that was to put names to faces. I'm sure your pooch would make dog of the day at work.......

GP me dear I hope your resplendent, is that wee sprakle off to school yet :P the time goes very fast. DD graduation in two weeks.

The time indeed does fly.

Aside working I have nothing much to report - home made grub is delish and the spends are minimal. Find out on Friday if the payrise went through.......

I see the elderflowers are starting here - so time for some mega cordial production I think.
    Total debt 26/4/18 <£1925 we were getting there. :beer:
    Total debt as of 28/4/19 £7867.38:eek:
    minus 112.06 = £7755.32:money:
    :money:Sleeves up folks.:money:
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Greying_Pilgrim Posts: 5,428 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options

GP me dear I hope your resplendent, is that wee sprakle off to school yet :P the time goes very fast. DD graduation in two weeks.

The time indeed does fly.

Starting school? - passed driving test and completed A levels, more likey...... ;):p:rotfl:

Glad you are having fun in life - despite the workload.

Am curious - have seen an ariel photo - is there anyway to get to the beach from the garden other than across the golf course? And is the golf course part of the estate, or a more famous one?

I now have visions of Mr Ben as a 'deep sea diver' at the thought of lumbering about in steel toe-cap wellies :rotfl: Am showing me age too :p:rotfl:

Have a great evening

Greying X
    Pounds for Panes £2,590/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (April) -  £8/£15  (Camping TTD - £60/90)

Grocery spend April £214.28/215
    Non-food household spend April £29.23/25
    Bulk Fund April 0/£10

Knitted items for charity 1/24 (inc. Blankets 1/6)
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,292 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I am good thanks.
    My DS was a best man a couple of weeks ago & looked awesome in his kilt.
    Hoping he might want to wear one for his next graduation :grin:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure