Time to mend and make do, beg, borrow and barter.

Options

Comments

• UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I have holibobs coming up soon, so myself and the wee furrybum will definitely be coming over for a visit :D
    The wee dug is looking forward to adventuring in the gardens (and on the beaches too)
    It's been a long, long time since I visited "The Kingdom"...
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • Pippilongstocking
    Pippilongstocking Posts: 16,336 Forumite
    Options
    Great stuff Beanie - they do scrub up well don't they.

Uncanny - the Kingdom is indeed braw. I wasn't sure if I'd like it as much as up north but I like it more I think.

We had visitors from the windy lands and I found their frustrations with some aspects of island life to be things that troubled me no more and was glad of that so I guess the move has been a very good one for me.

Today is a heady mix of meetings and weeding. Hope everyone has a good day ahead of them. I must go and get banks etc sorted and some washing out.

:)
    Total debt 26/4/18 <£1925 we were getting there. :beer:
    Total debt as of 28/4/19 £7867.38:eek:
    minus 112.06 = £7755.32:money:
    :money:Sleeves up folks.:money:
  • Pippilongstocking
    Options
    I got my payrise.

Can't say I think its really amounted to very much as far as I can see, given the jump in responsibility!!!

But, lets now act as if we've been slapped in the face with a soggy kipper shall we.

I'm far more fortunate than many folks.

Does seem a bit odd that its not as good as I thought it might be take home pay wise. Gonna do a bit of googling..........looked like all of my pay was taxable which I'm not sure it should be?

Pesky student loan is reducing though!

Sun has been shining round these parts and its been a good day. Even had a sneaky lunch in the proper cafe at work. Crazy or what.
  • UncannyScot
    Options
    Is it possible that the raise is only effective from when you were appointed, only part of the month, rather than being for the full month?
    If only for part of the month then it won't show the full amount until the next months pay...
    A raise is a raise though and as you said, you're far more fortunate than some folks (((((HUGS)))))
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • Pippilongstocking
    Options
    Thanks indeedy - its for the full month and I was just being greedy. But no greedier (word?) than the student loans, tax and NI folks!

Hope you and the furry one are grand.

:D

Off to raid the cupboards for tea. What's everyone having.
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Greying_Pilgrim Posts: 5,442 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    :D

Off to raid the cupboards for tea. What's everyone having.

We had salad - *polishes halo*....... :A

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Greying X
    Pounds for Panes £3,005/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (May) -  £0/£15  (Camping TTD - £75/90)

Grocery spend May £6.44/215
    Non-food household spend May £0/30
    Bulk Fund May 0/£10

Knitted items for charity 1/24 (inc. Blankets 1/6)
  • Pippilongstocking
    Options
    We had salad - *polishes halo*....... :A

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Greying X

Why am I not surprised. My sweetpeas haven't woken up, never mind my salad..........:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Although its been el scorchio today again (inbetween sea fogs, such kind creatures of summer) - so one day I hope things will grow.

I hope it was yummy. Its not exactly stew weather here so I'm looking at alternatives, although I did have roast haddock, peppers and tomato cous cous for my first tea. That's almost a salad.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,373 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Nothing to beat THe Kingdom:D
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • UncannyScot
    Options
    I had a mix of diced chicken with veggies n rice in a home made tasty spicy, not hot spicy, sauce it was awfy good for something I threw together :D
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,373 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Boo to payrise not being as good as you thought :(
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure