Extending our house without extending ourselves beyond our means

Options

Comments

• brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Sorry stuff is clogging up your brain PF...sense it's hard.

Echo what others have said though..you're doing brilliantly xx
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • PurpleFairy26
    Options
    Thanks for popping by ladies, lovely to *see* you and it cheered me right up :D

I fear the clogging of the brain is not going to be cleared anytime soon, something terribly sad was confirmed on Monday which will hang a heavy cloud for considerable time to come. Whilst it potentially has a financial upside for once it's just not enough to counteract the negative.

Anyway must keep plodding and stay positive for the smalls so close to Christmas and so excited. 25 points away from another survey payout of £10 voucher other site still won't load -boo to that. Food spend low this week (mainly as diet has consisted of chocolate and pasta and cake :o) oops!

Need to do a meal plan up to Christmas and also a list of a few things for Christmas Day. DH discount is increasing tomorrow until Jan so will get our stuff there which will help.

I know it's early but I'm off to bed, I'm shattered. Just need the smalls to sleep now ;)
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    PF Hugs to you, I am very sorry you have had sad news.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • PurpleFairy26
    Options
    Bobarella wrote: »
    PF Hugs to you, I am very sorry you have had sad news.

Thanks Bob. I'm just not sure on the best way out if the fog, but must keep plodding. Hopefully time will help.

I've managed to make some progress this week, all presents wrapped, cards written, including all of January birthdays :A oh, just need to do 3 cards for our neighbours. Have bought some food for Christmas Day, stashed in garage.

Have a £6 vOucher from mr T for cheese, will do us a nice cheeseboard for Christmas Day at no cost :D lots more surveys and another £3 on the way today :D got a load of bonus mr s points from myc0up0ns when I shopped yesderday. I made DD a small cake yesterday, will do another next Saturday when she has 3 friends round. I'll use the same recipe I think as it uses stuff from my useup box :D

Daughters room is bare apart from bed and carpet (minus the edges :rotfl:) it's being plastered on Thursday and I've just booked the joiner for mid January (gives us a deadline to paint!) and I can now book carpet :j:j

This week is all about getting to the end of the school week with 2 smalls. Tired.com and that's just me :rotfl:

Anyway now presents are done I should be able to make a dent in the back of my jumper I'm knitting, hoping it will also take my mind off things. That and bank account is bare, so nothing to spend :o
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I hope so for you. But, don't rule out counselling of some kind if it is appropriate.Sometimes we can all get a little stuck inside our own heads, and talking it out can help stop that stuck record feeling and help us move on in time.

Anyway, we are all here for you.

Good luck cracking through the rest of the week,

Bob
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Kittenkirst
    Kittenkirst Posts: 2,563 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 13 December 2016 at 8:14PM
    Options
    Hi PurpleFairy! Ooooh what cake are you making? I'm in such a mood to bake some goodies but time isn't on my side this week so I will console myself with reading about others' baking escapades :D
    First home- Oct’16 until June’21: £170.995- Overpayments made £13,784 (25% extra!).
    New forever home- Sep’21 £309,449 @ 2.05%. Plan to clear it before 30 years!!!!!!
  • PurpleFairy26
    Options
    Hi PurpleFairy! Ooooh what cake are you making? I'm in such a mood to. And some goodies but time isn't on my side this week so I will console myself with reading about others' baking escapades :D

Hi Kiitenkirst. I made this

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/4508/chocolate-birthday-cake-

It was lovely and moist and not overly sweet, will make again for her little 'party' on Saturday. I didn't do the icing though, just made some normal icing. I'll send you a virtual slice to enjoy :)
  • PurpleFairy26
    Options
    Bobarella wrote: »
    I hope so for you. But, don't rule out counselling of some kind if it is appropriate.Sometimes we can all get a little stuck inside our own heads, and talking it out can help stop that stuck record feeling and help us move on in time.

Anyway, we are all here for you.

Good luck cracking through the rest of the week,

Bob

Thank Bob, I've definitely not ruled it out. Never had it before but definitely contemplating it. I'm worried if I don't 'resolve' it now, it'll affect me down the line. Thanks for thinking of me.
  • PurpleFairy26
    Options
    Another £3arrived from surveys, moved to savings :D

DH made sausage pasta for tea. Enough for leftovers too :D used last of spinach from the weekend to pad out mine and DH sandwiches for tomorrow.

Used ribbon off a tray of cakes we bought at a charity sale to tart up some home made chocolate slabs I had made for DD teachers. 6 more needed for nursery on Thursday and 3 for Friday :eek: so glad they're easy!! (And very cheap ;)) :money:

Only downside is I put bag with chocolate in garage and a furry friend found it and chewed bag and two bars of chocolate :eek: no sign of them now so they are obviously in a chocolate coma somewhere. I would set my cat in the garage if I thought he would have any benefit but he's more likely to be chased by the mouse :rotfl:
  • JWPopps
    JWPopps Posts: 341 Forumite
    Options
    Hello! Just dropping by to say that I'm finding your diary really inspiring!

:)
    Mortgage: £83,000
    Credit Card Debt: £1,700
    Loan Debt: £3,000

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills