Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• Dizzy_Ditzy
    Dizzy_Ditzy Posts: 17,462 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    So jealous, not had rain here for several weeks. In fact I can't recall the last time it rained here :eek: I was going to clear out the shed this morning but they said thunderstorms any time after 11. No sign of them yet :mad: Maybe I should have done the shed, might have actually got some rain then :rotfl::rotfl:

we've just had a lovely little downpour :D
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Health & Beauty, Greenfingered Moneysaving and How Much Have You Saved boards. If you need any help on these boards, please do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert
  • curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »
    Which reminds me I still need to get a cat carrier

So far I've whittled it down to Wilkos small ones which are £10 using a love2shop voucher or Argos medium ones for £15 using a gift voucher and nectar points

When we had our cat we bought a fabulous cat carrier from Argos, navy blue fabric with white mesh Windows. It unzipped at both ends then folded flat for storage. It was a brilliant design.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Enterprise_1701C Posts: 23,409 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    we've just had a lovely little downpour :D

Send it here, pleeeeeaaaasssseeee.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • altojack
    altojack Posts: 9,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I'm H A P P Y, I'm H A P P Y. I know I am, I'm sure I am.
    I'm H A P P Y :j :j

DuckDuckGo has me go go going :dance:

My Birkenstocks have me :smileyhea

I love my Birkenstocks, comfy on my feet, don't dig in. I was interested to read that these Madrid's were designed to excercise the feet, encouraging circulation :j :j. Thank you dearest Snap xx
    There's no place like home :)

Feeling down? Weak in body? Makes no difference to me, I think of you all when I'm sitting quietly.

Hugs and healing thoughts are always going your way.
  • altojack
    Options
    Such a lot to catch-up on as I've been busy busy busy the last couple of days, studies and writing and typing. My osteo in my fingers is complaining today.

I've got car insurance to get quotes on, order a new bank card, and a heap of reading both here to catch-up, and looking for naughty boys of the 1950s, 60s and 70s in Newcastle. Racketeers are the guys I'm after :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: serious business in some cases I've read about in other parts of the Country.

We had rain, well a spritz I would describe it as. Don't think it hit the ground, it dried up before landing :D

Hugs to the Elite poorly and special thoughts to those low in mind and body. Your in my thoughts.

Feeling down? Weak in body? Makes no difference to me, I think of you all when I'm sitting quietly.

• altojack
    Options
    Off to start catching up. Back later xx

• michaels
    michaels Posts: 28,005 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    elainemn wrote: »
    michaels wrote: »
    For some reason the Lloyds kids accounts suddenly appeared on dws online banking but the hfax ones have not appeared on mine. Still the reduction in interest payable balance from 20k per account to 5k has let us scrambling, lets just hope nwide do not get any ideas...

HI Michaels, can you please remind me which Halifax kids account had the interest change as DD might have quite a bit in this account and I need to change it to something better. Do you know where best to put it? She is 14 now and it is actually her £ not mine so want the best interest and can tie it up for a few years if necessary as she does not know about it and it is her house deposit fund as we have saved her family allowance for her since birth. Thanks
    So Child's instant access savings account at Lloyds and Halifax, identical except lloyds pays interest quarterly and hfax annually. From 21 July 2% interest rate on up to 20k reduced to up to 5k.

Nationwide child saver 1 withdrawal per annum or lose interest pays 2.5% on up to 50k.

fuzzgun19 wrote: »
    I picked up my order and the tills were not giving out the £5 vouchers so they emailed one instead.

I have things to return, could you confirm it's the Mansfield NG18 9DD address please michaels?
    I just google it each time, probably last done about 12 months ago.

Anon wrote: »
    For AP £20 vouchers, I notice this on Las Iguanas ...

https://www.iguanas.co.uk/shop

Maybe not ideal, probably overpriced, and not sure if available in the restaurant, but a route to using them up to add to your meal? Using NUS you apparently get 40% off food, 25% off drinks - I have no idea whether that would work with this too but a discount meal out with a few sealed drinks to takeaway (potentially reduced) ...

HTH

Anon
    In Grggs asked if I could pay for a £5 gift card with a £5 ap but the till wouldn't accept it.
    I think....
  • braveheart60uk
    braveheart60uk Posts: 3,119 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Brain freeze!

Has it changed? Could not use second code for a cake in the store I went to.
  • braveheart60uk
    braveheart60uk Posts: 3,119 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Straw had to be turned upside down to get last of the slushie

IMG_20180713_140522_edit_1531487135665.jpg
  • Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    :D:D:D

We have torrential rain
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure