Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• tbw
    tbw Posts: 5,137 Forumite
    Options
    Anon wrote: »
    I applied when it was highlighted on here and was rejected :(.

My sample review was obviously not up to scratch :o.

We could start a list of Elite not in the scheme :D.

Anon

I got accepted but, since the acceptance email, I have had sweet FA!
    ELITE 5:2
    # 42
    11st2lbs down to 9st2lbs - another 5lbs gone due to alcohol abuse (head down toilet syndrome)
  • Sarahdol75
    Sarahdol75 Posts: 7,717 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    mrsmac10 wrote: »
    Good morning all

Permission to go AWOL for the week although I will drop by to browse

We have two large suitcases and a bag of buckets and spades, plus food and towels for everyone and that's before we start on our own stuff

A gliche in wine would be good as there is a Tesco nearby

Di and all other members of the coven enjoy that meetup :T

I met up with our very own BB last week twas lovely

Take care and hugs to all my elite family

Have a fabulous holiday.
    Amazon? What sort of kaolin are you after?

Been told its good for dogs with diarrhoea .
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 13 July 2018 at 11:09AM
    Options
    fuzzgun19 wrote: »
    I am well down the list with my one any only test - an electric blanket :o was worth £95 though and parents are enjoying it.

Not been offered anything since :(

I went to Costalot this morning, got a coffee, toastie to cook later and a lemon muffin :p all free with 3x wontons.
    Points were not on my receipt, and they tried the excuse "It's because you paid with gift card" and "they will go on in next 24hrs", so I just left it and have emailed them.

Didn't realise they were for £2.95 this week, so still have £1 left, so may go back for a 'medium' flat white :D

You have to make sure that you give your costalot card over first before scanning the wuntoo app - they should go on straight away - I use my plastic card and then look at the costalot app on my phone to check the balance.
    Its useful to have previous receipts with you- I am going to dig mine out now incase I have the same issues as you
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • mhoc
    Options
    Morning all

We finally had rain overnight and the temp has dropped from 24 to 16 degrees - cats are very confused :D
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • Sarahdol75
    Sarahdol75 Posts: 7,717 Forumite
    Options
    I have just posted on the Charities Board, a post about a friends daughter, who has a brain tumour, she is desperately trying to raise money for her to have treatment, she has been to America and it is looking good that her brain tumour can be cured. NHS cant do anything more for her, as she has already had far too much radiotherapy and chemo. She is travelling to Poland every 2 weeks for some drug to be administered, as you can imagine the cost of this is rising.

If anyone could donate, it would be very much appreciated.

I thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

Her story is here:-

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5867744
  • fuzzgun19
    fuzzgun19 Posts: 7,767 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »
    You have to make sure that you give your costalot card over first before scanning the wuntoo app - they should go on straight away - I use my plastic card and then look at the costalot app on my phone to check the balance.
    Its useful to have previous receipts with you- I am going to dig mine out now incase I have the same issues as you

Yes I always do that too - plastic card then Wonton gift cards.
    It’s not the first time this has happened to me, had a few occasions in the past where the points haven’t gone on but m points card showing in the receipt. I think it’s to do with something they do on the till. Same has happened to me in Subway too.

I always get a receipt in Costalot and Subway now.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
  • mhoc
    Options
    So I was going though the activity list on nectar yesterday and I remembered the last sainsburys local offer - use your card in Sainsburys local and get 200 points. I got M&Ms with OHs card and tea bags with mine :)
    These points went on automatically - I think this must have been the first time points have gone on without a nudge
    But the weekend I did these shops from Sainsburys I had another offer sent via email - buy M&Ms and get 100 points - I activated the offer and screen shot it and I just thought it would go on about the same time as the 200 point offer.
    It didn't so I messaged nectar via Fb as usual with the screen shot and all the usual ID needed - date, place of transaction, card number, DOB, email address etc, nice chat with my new best friend Gary and 100 points added on this morning
    - OK, its only 100 points but even so, OHs account was used to buy the new lawn mower so it will be a very long time before the total builds up again ...

mhoc wrote: »
    But on the plus side we did get the Sainsburys local 200 points on both cards - so I got OHs peanut m&ms on his card and red teabags on mine - and yes I have marked the google calender.
  • curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    Options
    mhoc you are very efficient.
    Would you like to chase my virgin points please?
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    Options
    No stavia in my co-op.
    The meal deal in the frozen section looked okay if you have freezer space.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • lookinforabargain
    Options
    curl_girl wrote: »
    No stavia in my co-op.
    The meal deal in the frozen section looked okay if you have freezer space.

I've got it for free again today after getting it yesterday :D Hope they'll pay out £4.99 again
    ...those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.

PRIDE

There's a fork in the road, which way will you go
    You standing still or will you step into the great unknown,
    Is yours to decide, this is your life.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business