Scottish Trust Deeds Help and Advice

Options
1242526272830»

Comments

• impulsive
    impulsive Posts: 33 Forumite
    Options
    impulsive wrote: »
    Just wanted to join in this topic and say i've been in my trust deed since June 08.

Its worked out great for me in the sense I will be cleared of my debts.........BUT most importantly i've LEARNED FROM MY MISTAKES. The way I budget now is amazing considering the blazee attitude I had to spending "electronic" money.

I'm glad I found this forum aswell as i'm going to be checking my credit report when I get my discharge and make sure that the dates match, etc. I would never have thought of this and I doubt my IP would have advised me of this. Just another person who would have assumed that was me clear no doubt.

Finally for me personally it was a big relief when I got my protected trust deed and also when I openly admitted everything to my OH and my mum. If anything they respect me for realising I made mistakes and being big enough to deal with them when others might bury their heads.

Roll on 2011 :)

As of today I now have 3 payments left!!!! :T

I seriously cannot wait because i've budgeted for my TD payment and I know that I can start to SAVE THAT MONEY once my final payment has been paid. Me + Savings = :eek:

Roll on 1st July :)
  • rasps
    rasps Posts: 28 Forumite
    Options
    Just a wee update - i paid my last payment Januray/February 2011 and got my discharge letter 13th October 2011 - started saving, it's all good :)
  • andycon_2
    Options
    I have a trust deed that i signed around May 2009.
    Unfortunately due to a few spells of unemployment i have only managed to make about 7 payment in over 2 1/2 years to the deed.
    My 36 months is due to be up next May, but will the trust deed be extended indefinitely until i physically make 36 payments?
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,308 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    You really need to speak to the people handling your trust deed but it is likely your trust deed could be extended.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure