2018 I WILL be debt free!

Options

Comments

• Debtnomoreplease
    Options
    Thanks Tahlulla for your encouragement. Yes, I agree with you and Fatrab-I will treat myself to a nice coffee out once each £1000 is paid off my debt.

8/8/18-day 8. First day back at work, but been a great positive and productive day. Got loads done and went to the gym before work, so that made me feel good. Nice to be so busy that you don't have time to think about money and debt-or the chance to spent it!
    Must stay focussed and organised, lunch made (pasta from yesterday) so clothes etc sorted today for another productive day tomorrow. I wish my head would stay like it has today all the time (without the blips) but I suppose I wouldn't appreciate the good days with the bad.
  • fatrab
    fatrab Posts: 1,231 Forumite
    Options
    The first time you reduce that overdraft you're going to be over the moon. You'll start to have more and more days where you feel much, much better about the situation.

Chin up and charge on!
    You can have results or excuses, but not both.
    Challenge - be 14 Stone BY XMAS!

• SkintTeacher
    Options
    how exciting to read this... This time last year I was in a similar situation - and a year later once turned it around ; it CAN be done!
    YOU can do it!!!

Take baby steps, each day really counts. Don't beat yourself up if you stumble, just treat the next day as an opportunity to re-align!

Best of luck for your year
    (no longer skint) Teacher
  • Debtnomoreplease
    Options
    Thank you Fatrab-I'm ready to smash this overdraft to pieces-been a stone I've carried for far to long!

Skint teacher-that has made me feel so excited! That you've done it and are no longer a skint teacher! I can no flipping wait for this time next year to be in the same position as you-debt free and no longer skint! Huge well done!

Day 9-9/9/18. Busy day again, but productive. Love being busy as don't think about money at all-don't have time to! It's when I get home and sit down the mind starts to spin. But loads to do tonight before bed, and feeling tather tired so hopefully an early night too! Going to smash the gym first thing in the morning-was too lazy to get up this morning! :-/ but I allow myself a morning off a week :-)
    NSD. Must keep it that way!

I'm still finding myself wishing the days and months away to be debt free, but I know it's not going to happen over night and if it did, I probably wouldn't of leant my lesson as doing the hard way is defiantly a lesson learnt! Will never touch a credit card again! :-)
  • fatrab
    Options
    I'm still finding myself wishing the days and months away to be debt free, but I know it's not going to happen over night and if it did, I probably wouldn't of leant my lesson as doing the hard way is defiantly a lesson learnt! Will never touch a credit card again! :-)

I feel exactly the same. I dream of the day I make that final payment to my unsecured debts and then the mortgage is getting walloped!

Well done so far :money:

• Debtnomoreplease
    Options
    Day 10-10/10/18. NSD :-) Although, will have to do a small shop at the weekend. Do need to plan and budget for it.
    Nothing special to report, still wishing my life away for pay day and debt free, but I'm sure that's not uncommon.
    Lunches for work are still going well, not spending or going out at lunch-amazing how much work you can do when you don't go out in your lunch break. And amazing how much you save, I'd if probably spent between £10-£15 on lunches by now. That certainly adds up along the way.
  • Debtnomoreplease
    Options
    A postive for the day...I picked more hours up at work for the next month, so that extra money I can throw at my overdraft! :-)
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Great advice as ever.
    All I can add is that you’re doing very well . There are many people in a worse state so no need to let it dominate your mind.
    Life is crap at times and things are put upon us unfairly .
    Overdrafts are evil though. I remember when I was a Barclays customer. When they took over woolwich bldg soc. they sent me ( and everyone else) the new rpterms of their overdrafts . I didn’t understand buffer zones and the like , and how much more a day you’ll be charged between going past your o/d limit and payday .
    You’ll feel fantastic once you’ve stopped it though.

Best of luck :)
  • fatrab
    Options
    A postive for the day...I picked more hours up at work for the next month, so that extra money I can throw at my overdraft! :-)

Excellent news!

We have a big project starting in April so hopefully a bit of O/T will be available.

• FiscalPickle
    Options
    Just popping in to say hi, I've subscribed to your diary and looking forward to following your journey to debt freedom. There is a fantastically supportive community here. I agree that regular posting also keeps me accountable and on the straight and narrow, even if no one else is commenting. Good luck! :T
    £20k debt paid off, now saving for mortgage deposit
    In the process of shedding 42lbs
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family