Water saving tip!

Options
Not sure if this has been done already but maybe we could have a thread of water saving tips!

My tip is:

Take a 1ltr bottle (such as robinsons dilutable cordial etc), fill with water and place in the cistern part of the toilet that holds the ball !!!!. Now every time you flush the toilet and it refils, it will refill with 1ltr less water which means you save 1ltr every time you flush!!! And it still gets rid of your deposits first time 99% of the time!

If you aren't on a water meter then might not save you any money but helps the planet out a little bit!

M

Comments

• sammyy
    sammyy Posts: 478 Forumite
    Options
    Alot of water companies will supply free devices that fit into the cistern to save water.

Thames water

anglian water(freddie frog)

I'm sure other water boards must do similar.
  • Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,037 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    This has been covered lots of times.

The problem is that on many toilets the solid 'deposits' do not flush first time and it needs a second flush.
  • Smiley_Mum
    Options
    I've heard some people place a brick in their cistern to reduce the water used per flush.
    “Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you.” - Oscar Wilde
  • jawa1
    jawa1 Posts: 233 Forumite
    Options
    MORPH3US wrote:
    Not sure if this has been done already but maybe we could have a thread of water saving tips!

My tip is:

Take a 1ltr bottle (such as robinsons dilutable cordial etc),
    M

I thought you were going to say... take to work every day and bring it home full!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure