IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

90 seconds

Options

Comments

• Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    IMHO said person will be getting retraining right now ..... or worse !

keep up the good work

Ralph:cool:
  • ellaro
    ellaro Posts: 26 Forumite
    Options
    Should I send them the video?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,655 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ellaro wrote: »
    Should I send them the video?

Send the youtube link - as suggested in post #15.
  • ellaro
    Options
    Ive heard back from the IPC, they said they cannot comment on the legalities of the parking charge, thats despite me never questioning this, I showed them the video and complained they were being predatory and not following the IPC code of conduct.
    Not sure they actually read what I had put!
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,777 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    OK so now escalate the complaint to your MP, the DVLA, Trading Standards, and tell them what rubbish you got back from the IPC, when reporting predatory ticketing, with video evidence.

And how about your local press?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • ellaro
    Options
    Ive got an email from the DVLA also, thats asking for the registration number of the vehicle so they can look into it. I have emailed my MP and awaiting his response.
    The response from IPC has dissapeared from their site!
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    The response from IPC has dissapeared from their site!
    Presumably you have a printed version?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • ellaro
    Options
    Ive heard back from vcs with the expected rejection......

"We refer to your appeal in respect of the above Charge Notice (CN) received on 20/02/2018.
    Having considered the points you have raised and reviewed our records, we are unable to accept your appeal. Our
    main reason(s) for this decision are as follows:
    The signs at the car park make it clear that the land is private property and that a Charge of £100 will be levied if
    vehicles park outside of the Terms and Conditions displayed. The signs state that all vehicles which park in a bay
    designated for use by a disabled person must clearly display a valid Disabled Persons Blue Badge. The above
    detailed vehicle was parked within a designated disabled parking bay without a valid Blue Badge being clearly
    displayed therefore you became liable for the Charge advertised.
    While we appreciate that you have since supplied a valid Blue Badge, the fact remains that this was not clearly
    displayed at the time the vehicle was parked. We should reiterate that it is the motorists responsibility to ensure that
    they are complying with the Terms and Conditions displayed at the car park, before leaving the vehicle. In this case
    ensuring that a Disabled Persons Blue Badge was displayed and clearly visible. Furthermore, we refer you to the
    Blue Badge Scheme Handbook, which clearly states: "When using the parking concessions (or parking facilities) you
    must display the badge on the dashboard. The front of the badge should face upwards, showing the wheelchair
    symbol".

So they "reiterate that it is the motorists responsibility to ensure they are complying with the terms and conditions displayed at the car park" but they dont give the motorist any time to read them, it seems the motorist should be aware of them before parking?
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    These are teh same group that require you to read a sign with 200 wpords in it at 30mph, without stopping. If they stop they claim you entered a contract.

Ignore them, and debt collectors. They would always reject.
  • ellaro
    Options
    Ive heard back from Andrew Cutter at the DVLA, he stated that they cannot get involved as its a matter between vcs and their ata which is the ipc. I did tell him I had already been fobbed of by the ipc but he wasnt interested.
    I wouldnt be bothered about them taking me to court and would gladly show the video to a judge!

So I should now go into ignore mode?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport