IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

90 seconds

Options

Comments

• The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    This epitomizes the scam. Please watch the fun on TV and complain in the strongest terms to your MP, Trading Standards, (in writing), the landowner/managing agent, any retailers renting space there, all UK charities helping the disabled, your local newspaper, radio station, and your uncle Cobley.

Turn the heat up, the more complaints they have to deal with, the more it will cost them.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • ellaro
    ellaro Posts: 26 Forumite
    Options
    Ive watched that debate in the commens and its actually very damming of them.
    The dashcam didnt get the interaction unfortunatly and will will be telling everyone about what has happened.
    Im thinking I should post the video to them as their portal wont accept a file of the size the video is, would that be ok?
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    you could just tell them that you have the video ......

sure that will make them sit up :eek:

however wait until others agree , it may well be better to ambush them for maximum effect ;)

keep going ...

Ralph:cool:
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,352 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Can you not host it on youtube and link it?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • ellaro
    edited 18 February 2018 at 7:52PM
    Options
    It wont let me post a link...
    put youtube dot com followed by/watch?v=zT1UArPbdb8&feature=youtu.be
    All as one long link
  • tedharris02
    Options
    Absolute vile individuals and companies. I hope this goes far, with the support of this forum, MPs and so on. I plan on taking a similar route on behalf of my mother in her workplace actually.

Good luck and dont worry about the ticket, I cant see any way they would be able to enforce this to court. But making them hurt for such actions would be the best outcome by far.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,352 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    The back view also suggests that the bay had no adjacent sign so that a disabled person could read the full terms & conditions without having to get out of the driver's seat (BPA CoP).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • ellaro
    edited 19 February 2018 at 9:23AM
    Options
    There were no signs stating it was a disabled bay, when I returned the next day I took a photo of the very worn paint and I will admit I didnt realise it was a disabled bay, even though Im entitled to use them.

What do you think of the video?
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,329 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    No disabled signs visible anywhere from the driver's point of view.

The car was parked, you can hear the door being shut and locked, and see "something" as someone moves away, then the scammer operative appears 80s later with 'phone already out ready to take pictures.

That's not enough time for an able bodied person to read signs and decide whether they want to park, let alone anyone else.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business