Buffy Keeps on the Straight and Narrow

Options

Comments

• Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Sister came back tonight with better news, he was more positive and more like himself. He took all meds and was generally ok, but extremely tired.

So that was good! :):)

Also I reorganised much of Mum's shed ;) and managed to plan the conservatory so I will have some where to work.

It rained for most of the day so I didn't get to the rabbit stuff which is a problem.

But tomorrow is another day and my sister had a good day so all is well XXX
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    You were right beanie, I did mean the BIL. And Buffy, take the drugs. It took me some 35 years to get past a dentist phobia. It can be done but use whatever help is offered to get there. Take care.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,292 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Happy FRiday :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Brother in law managed to watched some of the football results show today so that was good. I have had an awful upset tummy all day and can't figure out why. Been ill on and off all week actually. I am hoping it is the stress of the sofas and the rabbits (who still haven't made it outside!) and the tank stand arrived broken.

So a rotten couple of days for me really. hey ho XX
  • beanielou
    Options
    Keep plodding my friend xx
    Chucks a twirl xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,286 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    When Mr SA finally emerged from hospital Red Cross came out and fitted rails etc to make our house more disabled friendly. Glad the news about your BIL sounds more positive xx
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Been a busy week, a school trip a parents evening, I am so behind at work it is ridiculous and it is stressing me out. If the care/hospital/situation with my BIL and Mum gets any worse I cannot see how I can keep up a full time job. One of my friends quit her job on Friday (she can't leave till July!) because of work load and mental exceptions. And I would be outright sacked for the lack of marking(not GCSE they are fine, just the other 11 classes).

Any way, BIL had a mixed week. My sister seems to think he isn't himself, it is horrible actually because she is doing all of this and some days he barely knows who she is. One of the therapists said to make a scrap book about himself and what he likes but he was adamant he doesn't want to focus on the past, he wants to focus on what he is now and that everything in the past doesn't matter. And that obviously hurt my sister considerably, as she said in a less guarded moment that he was clear that included her. Broke my heart that did.

I mean I know we aren't close and I did resent them, I always found them oddly routined and as a result insular and selfish,that sounds bloody awful doesn't it!! I don't mean it like that I just think they were determined to have the things they wanted and live as they wished regardless - and they no responsibilities, no job, kids, pets and that was a choice, they weren't intentionally doing it hurt people or be superior.

I am very glad I realised all this about...well a year ago? I sort of worked it out for myself, I mean we are SO different and as much as I found it confusing and it made me angry, it is because we are different. But my resentment of their responses to Mum and my other sister had lessened a great deal, it does rear up when Mum says we have no one to help us (er we really never did unless it was planned months or even years in advance :rotfl:) but at the moment this whole situation is so devastating for my sister that I can't see beyond that horror and it is horror. The person you have devoted yourself to at the exclusion of all others has for the moment gone and you don't know when or if he will be back. And in his place is someone who you don't recognise anymore than he recognises you. I think it must be the hardest thing to do. I wouldn't even know where to begin to deal with it.

Saying that I suppose I will face that with mum, tho I suppose with parents it is expected. Dear Lord I am being very depressing this morning!

My poor Mum hates the sofas. I like them, they are warm and cosy and nice for naps. Today I need to rearrange the living room and conservatory. I do need to put the dinning table in the shed which is a bit sad. But overall I am hoping for a less cluttered room and more comfortable seat for her.

Right now I have get on as it is nine o clock. I am meant to be going to the pet shop as well. hmmm.
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Wish there was something I could say to make things better. I do think though that you are doing brilliantly and are a lot stronger that you see. Take care and keep posting.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • beanielou
    Options
    Wish there was something I could say to make things better. I do think though that you are doing brilliantly and are a lot stronger that you see. Take care and keep posting.

Echoed by me.

Would doing a set time amount of marking help?
    Can you afford to cut your hours at work?

• Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    My day went, empty shed, move old furniture out, get help from LOVELY neighbour to break up and put in car.

Arrange shed to take dinning table and small hutch.

Try to move table

Fail

Try again

get it to the Kitchen. Can't do the angle past the door.

Bring table back.

Eat vile microwave meal

Some chocolate

More chocolate

More........you get the idea.

Back is killing me.

Nap time.

XXX
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories