Mooloo's Joining up the dots in 2017

Options

Comments

• pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi Mooloo.
    The advantage of not getting to keep up with your posts very often is that catching up gives a bigger picture than reading most days .
    It's really amazing to see your business now becoming what you hoped for .
    The new seamstress sounds the person you were searching for all along . The fact you feel able to trust her if you aren't there speaks for itself . The work seem to be coming in better than last year and you don't sound as stressed as you were .
    I'm very glad to hear your son has escaped the toxic situation and has settled work complete with his own space to actually get some sleep .
    Hoping something can be sorted to ensure the little ones safety . I wonder why her family aren't stepping up to the plate , I can't understand family not supporting their own and never will .
    You seem to be really organised on all fronts .
    TED talks are great aren't they? I first came across them on MGs blog .
    I think the big difference now is your planning each evening for the next day . I'm intrigued with the visualisation ideas . Is that idea from the book you mentioned a while back? I wouldn't mind trying it but have forgotten the title .
    Sorry to hear the allowance is being reduced . The amazing thing about your mindset is you see a solution to such happenings .

On a seperate subject BF . You've been there and got the tshirt ! You are at the point where your life is heading in the direction you hoped for , you've worried and worked to build the business please don't let yourself be taken in .
    The leopard never changes it's spots . A lot of people think control is not important . In reality it undermines your own belief in yourself and strips your confidence and can invade your headspace .
    After many years of campaigning there are very good reasons why controlling behaviour is now included in domestic abuse .
    I was a physically abused and controlled wife and you recover faster from a black eye or a split lip than mind control that slowly escalates over times until you no longer trust your own actions and thoughts .
    Well I seem to have written a small book so send good wishes to you all .
    Onwards and Forwards Mooloo.
    polly
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Hi Polly, thanks for reading etc.
    Mostly I feel positive but do get my wobbles.
    I have read so many books, but I think although quite heavy going the turning point for me was the two Brendon Burchard books. Motivation Manifesto and The Golden Ticket.
    But I am not really sure where the visualisation has come from except possibly an amalgamation of all of the books from The Secret, To The Charged Life.
    I believe that in life everything has to have been a thought first, someone's vision, an idea, before it can become reality. I also am beginning to understand that if we believe in the worst, then that's all we see. Many years ago, when I lost my grandchildren to Social Services, I was very ill, felt a completely victimised person, and I went to berievement councilling, and I started to see things differently. Slowly as I rambled on, for months I changed back into what I am now. My health improved, my attitude changed and I started to dream again. I read books on self help, I wanted to live in a different world and I truly believed that I could. I may not be there yet, but the more I focus my mind and take those few moments to concentrate on the things I want I find a way to make it happen.
    Visualisation of living the way I want to, sort of tricks the mind into thinking that I have been there before, so the mind thinks, no problem because you have been here before so you do it like this/that, or it says woa and I didn't like it before so better do it differently.
    I sit in bed first 20 minutes and I see my day before me, I try to picture it and although my mind wonders eventually I get calmer and I believe that when I get that visualisation right, it's my blue print.
    I am learning gratitude instead of pessimism and I sing Thankyou for giving me the Morning " etc and change the words to what ever comes into my head as I drive or walk to work.
    I have seen the vision of the second shop, I have seen the building and I have imagined what I will need to have it.
    I said I wanted a shop, and within weeks I had it.
    Then I wanted a sports car, and I found it.
    I believe that I will have my holiday home in Portugal and when I see the house or apartment I will bring it into life.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Morning, gosh I am busy, which has been so good really. Firstly it has allowed my new lady 23 hours work this week and our cash flow has increased obviously. Last week we did a brilliant £984.70 double the week before. This weekwe have done £823.60 and we still have a half day left today.if people come to pick up the finished items we could hit £1,000
    We are currently making the cushions for a campervan and that will be about £550.00 in next weeks funds, as both of us will be working on them on Monday now the piping has been sorted out.

On the BF front, we are still plodding along, after quite a long discussion over Tuesday night, and I had to laugh yesterday morning when BF who had come home in a prototype car, all camouflaged out the night before asked me to go to the Launch party of said car in July. .. erm I said Thankyou but my daft mind thought ( is there dancing? Should I go dressed in a burka?, so nobody will ask me to dance,). Of course I didn't say anything I just had the silly image in my mind!
    One thing about practicing visualisation techniques, I don't even need to close my eyes to see images in my mind anymore!
    On a serious note the plan to eventually move to his in the future is not on the cards anymore. I am going to stay here, unless I win the lottery and buy my own house some time!
    Right I better get to work. Time is flying.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Wow. Really busy. Although the shop floor was quite. We made £129.50 today, most of the money was lessons and the sale of a sewing book.
    So we didn't quite reach target but a second week over £900 is not to be sneezed at.
    I had fittings, lessons and more lessons and another fitting ending with servicing a sewing machine. I left at just before 3pm.
    The heavens opened here just as I got home. The girls were in the garden and are now soaked! But having fun.
    I am going to drink a cup of tea and then empty the washing machine and hang it up in the bathroom. Then sort out our clothes for the weekend and load the car up with everything we need to take to Oxford.
    For me that means computers and paperwork, possibly a book, my business journal, and hopefully I will find time to work in the evenings or tomorrow morning.
    Dgd wants to take her Lego, her fidget spinner and her kindle.
    I was thinking of taking my suit to cut out etc, but as I have been so busy this week perhaps I will give myself a day off of sewing.
    I am hoping that next week will be as good as this one. A few good weeks needed to catch up on the deficit from last month.
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    That's a good days trading Mooloo and over the week . It appears you and the seamstress are a winning team and should ease the load sewing wise you've been under .
    Do give yourself the days break from sewing , hope you get some sun and time to relax .
    I agree with all you said in your reply to my last post . Just a pity we have to go through certain events without a manual to guide us .
    Are you still taking the GP? Does it seem beneficial ?
    Have a good weekend and recharge those batteries .
    polly x
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • Savvy_sewing
    edited 21 May 2017 at 1:08PM
    Options
    That's a good days trading Mooloo and over the week . It appears you and the seamstress are a winning team and should ease the load sewing wise you've been under .
    Do give yourself the days break from sewing , hope you get some sun and time to relax .
    I agree with all you said in your reply to my last post . Just a pity we have to go through certain events without a manual to guide us .
    Are you still taking the GP? Does it seem beneficial ?
    Have a good weekend and recharge those batteries .
    polly x

To be honest I keep forgetting as it's in the freezer and I had not quite made it part of the routine, but I will start the intention again when I get home.

I am going to try to relax Today
    Dgd is playing Lego and bf is gardening while I faff about on the internet.
    I should be doing accounts really.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Headlight bulb replaced with the help of BF. £13.
    School shoes, shorts and cardigan replaced £30, my flat dolly shoes and a pair of canvas shoes replaced £16.98 and a PS3 game £2.50 for dgd.
    So an expensive day for me, although in the grand scheme of things not a huge amount really.
    In my overdraft now though so I need to juggle my money around later today my Facebook news feed came up with a picture of me and one of my grandson now adopted out, and I didn't know wether to share it or not, but I have in the end. 6 years ago! It feels like yesterday.
    I am just having a cuppa in bed, made by BF as he left for work and then I have to gather up our stuff, pack the car, drive home and get dgd ready for school. Her uniform was left drying in the bathroom when we came over on Saturday.
    I have a busy day ahead with cushions, although my lady might do them on her machine as it's more robust than my machine, and if so I will do other jobs that have been waiting. I did accounts last night but noticed a problem with the bank account actually not tallying with the computer figures so I have to delve backwards into the pair of them and see where I have gone wrong. It will be there somewhere of course.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,308 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Where did you get your dolly shoes please?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Where did you get your dolly shoes please?

This time I got some in Shoe Zone. £7.99 but they had some at £10 for two pairs however as I am a size 8 they are limited in what they have.
    I am heavy on shoes so only buy cheap ones now. I had some from Office two years ago, but they wore out just as quickly. So I would rather change them more often at lower prices.
    I am happy to have second hand clothes but rarely find shoes that way.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    I am tired. The house looks like a bomb site where I dumped all our bags etc this morning.!
    I think that I will have to get up early and tackle this problem as I really am tired.
    Time to get my tea things ready for the morning and then I will start again.
    Night all.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure