PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Have i offered too much?

Options

Comments

• need_an_answer
    need_an_answer Posts: 2,812 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    That's my belief...the pics you see now on RM were when listed 2017 not when the property was sold in 2014
    in S 38 T 2 F 50
    out S 36 T 9 F 24 FF 4

2017-32 2018 -33 2019 -21 2020 -5 2021 -4 2022
  • dantheram1985
    dantheram1985 Posts: 80 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    That's my belief...the pics you see now on RM were when listed 2017 not when the property was sold in 2014

makes sense - that would have me think 300k-310k max for 2017
  • need_an_answer
    need_an_answer Posts: 2,812 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I said earlier that I don't like these websites that give a house a value but does this one make you feel a little more confident

https://www.mouseprice.com/house-prices/de72+3eq/2

according to the mice your getting a bit of a good deal at 325.

I know its all speculation and I'm no surveyor but you could take some hope.

Once you have a valuation for mortgage purposes I'm sure it will all become clear what to do.
    in S 38 T 2 F 50
    out S 36 T 9 F 24 FF 4

2017-32 2018 -33 2019 -21 2020 -5 2021 -4 2022
  • dantheram1985
    Options
    I said earlier that I don't like these websites that give a house a value but does this one make you feel a little more confident

https://www.mouseprice.com/house-prices/de72+3eq/2

according to the mice your getting a bit of a good deal at 325.

I know its all speculation and I'm no surveyor but you could take some hope.

Once you have a valuation for mortgage purposes I'm sure it will all become clear what to do.

is price per SqM a valid comparator - coming in at £3000+, on a par with the home counties, certainly way above the average for the area of c.2k
  • Crashy_Time
    Crashy_Time Posts: 13,386 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    If it is still on your thoughts, yes you offered too much.
  • ScorpiondeRooftrouser
    Options
    If it is still on your thoughts, yes you offered too much.

How are your thoughts? Still dwelling on the house you sold for peanuts 20 years ago in order to wait for a crash?

How do you have the gall to talk to anyone about housing?
  • buggy_boy
    buggy_boy Posts: 657 Forumite
    Options
    Every house ive bought when ive had the offer accepted you have that thought of could I have got it cheaper... But once you get the keys and put your own stamp on the property you soon get over it...
  • Crashy_Time
    Crashy_Time Posts: 13,386 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    So in effect you could be waiting another 12 months to find something worthwhile and by that time it could cost you £10K more.

Equally I know prices can go down too but maybe for the sake of £10-15k I might be inclined to stick with this one if you can

It comes down to that old thing called supply and demand doesn't it.[/QUOTE]

No, it is sentiment, interest rates and banks willingness to lend.
  • buggy_boy
    buggy_boy Posts: 657 Forumite
    Options
    So in effect you could be waiting another 12 months to find something worthwhile and by that time it could cost you £10K more.

Equally I know prices can go down too but maybe for the sake of £10-15k I might be inclined to stick with this one if you can

It comes down to that old thing called supply and demand doesn't it.[/QUOTE]

No, it is sentiment, interest rates and banks willingness to lend.

Ignore this muppet, he sold years ago as he was sure prices was about to crash, and now he is on here in some vain attempt to get other people to get in the same position as him...

Prices can go up and go down, but remember you only lose if you sell, you cannot predict what prices will do, if you wait prices could go up and you will pay more rent, or prices could go down....

Remember if you have offered too much and the property is not worth that amount then the bank will flag this up as they will not want to lend on a property that is not worth what you are paying as it would increase their risk.
  • dantheram1985
    Options
    buggy_boy wrote: »

Ignore this muppet, he sold years ago as he was sure prices was about to crash, and now he is on here in some vain attempt to get other people to get in the same position as him...

Prices can go up and go down, but remember you only lose if you sell, you cannot predict what prices will do, if you wait prices could go up and you will pay more rent, or prices could go down....

Remember if you have offered too much and the property is not worth that amount then the bank will flag this up as they will not want to lend on a property that is not worth what you are paying as it would increase their risk.

have a surveyor going in soon so we'll see what his report states
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport