Do you want a stoozers sub-forum?

Options
Would you like a stoozers/make free cash from credit cards sub-forum of the CC boards? Please vote

I'll abide by the decision of the vote
Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000

Do you want a sub-forum of credit cards just for stoozing/free cash? 201 votes

Yes please (there are specific issues to it)
67% 136 votes
No thanks (its best to keep it part of the main board as issues are so interrelated)
22% 46 votes
Don't mind
9% 19 votes

Comments

• Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Yes please Martin
    Fab site BTW though can you recommend any good clinics for total addicts like me?
    MY NAME IS HELEN AND I AM AN MSEAHOLIC
  • moggins
    moggins Posts: 5,190 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    If there is one can we have an idiots guide to stoozing as a sticky at the top? I'm a comparative virgin when it comes to cc's.
    Organised people are just too lazy to look for things

F U Fund currently at £250
  • johannamse
    Options
    Yes, it's really depressing reading about all sensible people making money when I am trying to crawl out of debt. (I know, I know I'm just jealous). Seperate board would aleviate me of jealous feelings. Go for it.
  • Martinslovechild
    Options
    Yes Please,

Stoozer Cruisers unite and take over
    Mortgage Feb 2001 - £129,000
    Mortgage July 2007 - £0
    Original Mortgage Termination Date - Nov 2018
    Mortgage Interest saved - £63790.60
    ISA Profit since Jan 1st 2015 - 98.2% (updated 1 Dec 2020)
  • MSE_Martin
    MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272 Money Saving Expert
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Don't worry we're doing a redesign bothof the articles pages so it'll be easier to find and of the forums so related articles will be unobtrusivel linked at the top of each board

For now though read REVENGE. Make free cash from credit cards
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
    Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
    Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
  • Pegleg2001
    Options
    I say NO.

A dedicated board raises its profile and awareness as a technique to the CC companies. Before you know, everyone will be doing it.

I vouch that we keep it a minority sport, otherwise the CC companies may work out better methods of eliminating it (as can be seen with the more recent introductions of fees for BTs).
    The Pegster

Quote-of-the-day: "A fool and his money were lucky to get together in the first place"
  • deemy2004
    deemy2004 Posts: 6,201 Forumite
    Options
    Yes stoozers board...

Gets boring having to go through the same questions again, and again and again, and again, looking for that odd referance to stoozing somewhere, anywhere,
  • Darryl
    Darryl Posts: 218 Forumite
    Options
    Pegleg2001 wrote:
    A dedicated board raises its profile and awareness as a technique to the CC companies. Before you know, everyone will be doing it.

Er, don't you think http://www.stoozing.com/ does more to raise the profile of this 'sport' than a sub-board on this site?
    ... Fool's Gold ...
  • Galstonian
    Galstonian Posts: 1,292 Forumite
    Options
    I am absolutely dead set against this.

If you separate out the two forums in any way I think you get:
    - some who think it makes it easier because they are not exposed to stoozing/non-stoozing posts
    - some who end up scanning two forums
    - the most knowledgable and helpful contributors no longer posting on the credit cards board but sticking solely to stoozing
    - some who will leave

Personally I don't think the benefit offered by the first is worth risking the other three. A similar poll is raised every so often over on the Fool credit card board and each and every time it is (I am pleased to say) rejected because it risks losing a lot of expertise.

If anything I think we need a FAQ which I'm sorry to say is probably something I should be looking at but I'm too busy cutting down trees to sharpen my axe.
  • westernpromise
    Options
    Pegleg2001 wrote:
    I say NO.

I vouch that we keep it a minority sport, otherwise the CC companies may work out better methods of eliminating it (as can be seen with the more recent introductions of fees for BTs).

I voted No too.

Stoozing: bloodsport for tightwads.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family