Do you want a stoozers sub-forum?

Options
124»

Comments

• MSE_Martin
    MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272 Money Saving Expert
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well the vote says yes....... but the top posters say no.......... what to do.......... so what do you say folks - even the objectors, how about a 1 month trial? After that if it doesnt work its easy to remerge back?
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
    Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
    Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
  • Lopo
    Lopo Posts: 484 Forumite
    Options
    Hmmm....a trial!

Still inclined to say no at this stage. Since its been pointed out that top posters have said no, yet the vote leans towards a yes...it seems the results are a bit skewed and with that in mind I can understand the hesitation on moving forward with any change.

Chances are that newer mse forum users see the vote, know little about about stoozing generally but know enough to want to get in on the act. They find it hard to find information. So they have voted to yes split it, hence the results are skewed IMHO. Its not just for newbies...stoozy hardliners need their resources too!!

Ratification is what we need! ....why not do the following ?

Close this vote topic....Summarise all good valid points raised in this vote topic for and against both ways of course,...then place it as a summary in another new vote and ask the question again to see if mse forum users opinions have changed?
    • If the percentage outcome shifts bringing no closer to yes (or even beating it!) - then opinions have changed so forget the change or trial.
    • If the percentage outcome gets wider between no and yes, then implement the trial...
    Of course, the vote would need to capture at least the same or higher number of voters to show a true enough representation of these existing results...perhaps even highlight the vote in the weekly mse email?

I'll even put £20.00 hard down to an mse charity betting that the outcome results will move closer to no the next time round! I dont expect anything back...but its Money where my forum mouth is!

Lopo :p
    Beware Lego Men with Deep pockets...! :cool:
  • Kantankrus_Mare
    Kantankrus_Mare Posts: 6,104 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I voted yes......but then I'm a relative newbie and what do I know?

Diddly squat!! Thats what!!

But after reading all the posts on here I can see the reasoning behind the NO votes and my YES vote was probably a selfish deed.

But hey ho ......can't take it back now ;)
    Make £10 a Day Feb .....£75.... March... £65......April...£90.....May £20.....June £35.......July £60
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure