Frump to Fab 2018 - Fabulous Dahhhhlings

Options

Comments

• maman
    maman Posts: 28,592 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks all for the info on supplements. Now you've pointed me towards them I'll read up a bit more.:)

It's been a glorious day here today, crisp and sunny. We got out for a good, brisk walk this morning.

This afternoon we went to a local gallery for a talk from a conservator. Although his main interest was explaining how they care for the artwork he still talked about the paintings.

While I was out I took time to indulge in my people watching hobby!:D I can certainly tell you that some of the other women in the group were no oil paintings!:rotfl:

I think people watching can really pay dividends for fabbing. I either notice good things about others like what they're wearing or how they've done their make up or notice what a disaster some people look. I know it may sound a bit shallow but I think it's far better than measuring yourself up against celebrities who are probably in an air brushed photo and have the benefit of a personal beautician and hairdresser.

Good news that the holiday weight gain is disappearing fast LL.:)

You do seem to see many interesting films sugarbaby. I like to hear about them. I was reading that there's a new film coming out this year called The Happy Prince about Oscar Wilde. I'm looking out for it.:)

I'm still putting off clearing the wardrobe but I need to be ruthless. I'm going to use your ideas of 'does it make me feel good' as inspiration tara.
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,249 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Tara if I used that as a guide, over half of my clothes would go...the others are the ones my current weight & shape do not fit into :( Hey ho, hopefully a prolonged period of stress may be coming to an end soon, and as I am job-hunting (I know, again!) I sm hiping to find something where I have to walk a bit. I hoping to go back to our local uni for a contract job, which means I walk to bus, then office, then bus and then home again daily, which will help!

LL ooh, get you with your dating site interest :D Me & DH met online 15 years ago :);)
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • sashybo
    sashybo Posts: 4,503 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Hi all,

Not much fabbing going on here as we all got hit by one of the dreaded vomiting bugs going around. :eek: DS & I caught it from my niece & we passed it on to DH. :eek: My poor wee niece managed to infect at least 7 members of her family including us! :eek: She caught it at nursery.

Just recovering now & still not feeling great, had to cut my first KIT day back at work on Monday short to go home as I felt terrible but wasn't sick until later that evening. I didn't realise I had the bug when I went to work so I hope I didn't infect anyone. :o

Nice to see you back LL glad to hear you had a good time.

Interesting chat on the supplements, I take glucosamine as have a weak knee & family history of knee replacements; Omega 3 oil capsules for my dry eyes plus their several other benefits & a multivitamin for general health.

I hadn't heard that about vitamin D maddiemay thanks for that. I was taking it during pregnancy as they recommend it for bone health etc but didn't know about vitamin K2 or potential soft tissue damage.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,073, Car loan 2 £16,000, 0% CC1 £195. Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • sugarbaby125
    sugarbaby125 Posts: 3,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 24 February 2018 at 8:40AM
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

LL it was the health centre I was referred to, that decided that my blood pressure was too high for me to participate in the 12 week programme, not my G.P. The health professional I saw yesterday had already received my medical records in the referral report from my G.P so they should have decided at that point that I was not a suitable patient for the programme, not make me wait for 2 month's for my initial assessment and then tell me. That's life though.

Maddiemay thanks for the information regarding Vitamin D and Vitamin K2

Maman I do love to watch films at the cinema, but I do not want to spend much on cinema tickets, so I try to take advantage of deals that available. :D I especially like Silver Screen at the Odeon, as you get a free tea or coffee and free biscuits as well as a £3 ticket. I also have the Odeon Premiere Club loyalty card, so I am always collecting points every time I go to an Odeon cinema. I just bought the Groupon deal for 5 Odeon cinema tickets for £20 so now I can go to my local Odeon even more often for the next month. :D As the minimum price for an adult ticket for a 2D film is £10, I will be making substantial savings for those 5 cinema tickets. :j

I am going to one of my regular Poetry groups this evening. When my daughter was 11 years old, I wrote eleven poems for her which I then made into a colourful, laminated book for her, so tonight I will be performing some of the poems from that book of poetry.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,592 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I am going to one of my regular Poetry groups this evening. When my daughter was 11 years old, I wrote eleven poems for her which I then made into a colourful, laminated book for her, so tonight I will be performing some of the poems from that book of poetry.

I hope you have a lovely evening. I must say that I'm impressed with the effort you put into selecting great gifts for all your family. What a super idea to write 11 poems.

Sorry to hear you've all had that bug sashy. Hope you all pick up very soon.:)

I've started reading up a bit about supplements. I think I'm right to stick with the cod liver oil and glucosamine. Do those of you taking Vitamin D take it all the year round? Some things I've read suggest that it's most important in the winter months. I know I should take a leaf from evuka's book and make myself get outside every day. The exercise would be good for me as well as the daylight. I'm OK when I have something organised but find it hard to make myself go for a walk 'just because'. I need a plan!:)
  • evuka
    evuka Posts: 120 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    maman wrote: »

evuka: Yes the sleeves are long. fortunately I have long arms so it's not a problem for me plus the fabric is so light and soft that it falls back from your hands when you move them. Sleeves definitely didn't get in the way when I was eating!:D

Thanks, maman, that's what I was afraid of! I have a slightly shorter arms than "standard" so it would look on me like I'm wearing a wrong size jumper... :o

On Wednesday, I skipped my walk but actually exercised indoor, stretching, hulahooping and some leg workout, while watching a film. It felt really good! Alas, yesterday I didn't do either a walk or an exercise so I have no excuse today not to. The weather is gorgeous so after hanging out the washing, I'm gonna go out. I'm back next week to work, I hope I will be able to maintain a lunchbreak walk routine.

There are Victorian cottages nearby where I live and I love walking around there, looking at the gardens and the bay windows.

Have a fab day, ladies!
    6mo EF: £ /£
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 £
    NSD: Jan /
    Sell 100 items /100
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,986 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    I hope you have a lovely evening. I must say that I'm impressed with the effort you put into selecting great gifts for all your family. What a super idea to write 11 poems.

Sorry to hear you've all had that bug sashy. Hope you all pick up very soon.:)

I've started reading up a bit about supplements. I think I'm right to stick with the cod liver oil and glucosamine. Do those of you taking Vitamin D take it all the year round? Some things I've read suggest that it's most important in the winter months. I know I should take a leaf from evuka's book and make myself get outside every day. The exercise would be good for me as well as the daylight. I'm OK when I have something organised but find it hard to make myself go for a walk 'just because'. I need a plan!:)

- you might like to have a read of these
    NHS guidelines. Many feel that this does not go far enough, but so much conflicting information out there.

I never sunbathe (very fair skinned), also I am anaemic and feel the cold so rarely get out of long sleeves even in the summer I take Vit D2 and K3 all year round, more in winter. Vit D is found in some foods, but it is hard for the body to process it.
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • sugarbaby125
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

Thanks Maman, my daughter really loved the poetry book when I made it for her. It was poems all about her and her life, so it was a very personal gift to her.

Maddiemay thank you for the link to the NHS guidelines on Vitamin D they are invaluable

I had a lovely evening at my Poetry group last night. I performed 4 of the poems from the poetry book I made for my daughter. I am making new friends and sitting and enjoying listening to other budding writers perform their work. At the end of the evening there were the usual free artisan cakes and breads on offer to all and some meals and desserts. I took home 3 cakes and what I thought were 3 small bread rolls but were also cakes and a lovely meal which I had for my dinner when I got home. :D

I am going to an R n B and Hip Hop party tonight Upstairs at The Ritzy. It is free entry, so it will be a minimum cost night out for me.
  • lessonlearned
    Options
    Good morning lovely ladies.

Beautiful sunny day here but cold of course.

Evuka ......Well done on the walking. It’s hard to get motivated sometimes isn’t it. I did manage to restart my walking programme yesterday. My knees were in pain, I had to strap them up first and I only managed about 15 minutes but it’s a start. We have to begin somewhere. I Will do it again today. Rather than go further and longer. I will try 2 x 15 mins and build up that way.

I was actually doing quite well and had built up,to 45 mins but my fall set me back. Never mind I’ll just start again.

Also going to restart my yoga and Physio stretches again today.

SUgarbaby........you too have motivated me, with your busy social life.

I have looked up the what’s on guide and I have discovered that one of the cinemas here does Silver screenings. I had no idea. So thanks for the tip.

As you know I spent so long dealing with family issues I have lost touch a bit so it’s time to rediscover my city. Fancy not knowing we had Silver screenings. What else have I been missing.......:rotfl:

I have also had a quick look at Groupon and sure enough there are some cinema deals. Thank you so much for inspiring me.

Yesterday I went for my routine mammogram. And I have also been sent a Bowel testing kit, as well as a reminder for my annual diabetes check up. Aren’t we lucky.........we get all these tests done for free on the NHS.

So over the next couple of weeks I shall be getting a full MOT. :rotfl:

Maddie.....thanks for all the advice re Vitamin D. So helpful.

The good news.......I’ve lost 2.4lbs since Monday but more importantly my blood sugar levels are back down to normal.

Right time to start the day. Hope you all a have a lovely weekend.

Keeeeeep Fabbing. X
  • clippy_girl
    Options
    Hello to all, been a while since I have posted!

On the subject of clothes, just saw this quote on another thread which made me laugh-

Every time you get dressed remember, if you die, that is your ghost outfit forever :rotfl:

So today I am off to the beauticians for a bikini wax and also a skin tag removal session :D I hate my skin tags and they seem to be where things rub- boobs from ill fitting bras and tummy from leggings waistband. I have loads of tiny ones on my neck so not sure what can be done about those but I will see :) spent over £100 in bravissimo on new bras which fit perfectly and no chaffing so hopefully won't get anymore now!

I have no plans at all this weekend which is nice :) really put my back out at crossfit last week and whilst it's so much better it still twinges so holding off the exercise. Need to do cleaning today though as couldn't do any last weekend! Have joined a health club so went swimming last night and signed up for Pilates on Monday.

I am sick of trying to diet as I always just try and cut everything out and gave horrible protein shakes then totally binge on rubbish. Been doing this for years.have bought 'goddess revolution' by Mellisa wells to read. Started it and I am literally nodding my head at all the patterns of dieting. Seeing it written down it looks so stupid! I am now ditching the diet and eating what I want. I love my homemade dinners etc so hoping if I know I'm going to have a lovely dinner I enjoy I won't graze on rubbish all day. I weighed myself yesterday (13st 3 :eek:) but going to put the scales away for two weeks as was weighing everyday and obsessing over it. Took all the enjoyment out of eating out (as always felt I shouldn't and how I would have to cut back and compensate) and fun out of excercise (as I HAD to do it due to what I had eaten).

So plan is exercise when I want and eat what I want and see how I get on! :j
    :j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport