Advice+thoughts please. Uk>nz rtn+2 stops

Options
ampersand
ampersand Posts: 9,565 Forumite
Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
edited 22 October 2018 at 1:27PM in Flights, currency & car hire
Not my usual time of year or direct fliights, so would like thoughts or advice here, please.
I budget carefully, so know already that higher tariff will apply in part, or in whole.

Normally, Martin's checks work, but this time I want to be in Delhi 3 Feb, plus 3 or so days either side. A week max. should be sufficient.
En route back, want to stop a few days in Adelaide.

All advice and thoughts will be much appreciated. Should I try 2 single flights+stop-off?
Have also looked at doing NZ>Adelaide<NZ bit as an AirNZ or Qantas[loathe them]mid-week special, then normal UK rtn flight.
Have spent some time getting nowhere over the last few weeks on all of this, not helped by living in a connectivity notspot.
[Irrelevant p.s. - had this post ready to go just now, only to see white screen and then bbc Sounds schedule. As so often, post lost.]
CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

Comments

• Westin
    Westin Posts: 5,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    U.K. (departure point not given) to Delhi to New Zealand then routing back Adelaide (via Delhi?) to U.K. is not an obvious routing with a certain airline alliance. I would suggest you call or visit a good travel agent like Trailfinders for something possibly as complex as this.
  • ampersand
    Options
    Westin, thankyou - it is good of you to reply so quickly, despite my having to mash/correct post :-)
    Have put All London+nearby as airport dep. points so far.
    It's tiresome and time-consuming when results disappear or blue screen of death wrecks hours of determined effort.
    So, you're probably right. Should add I'm well-travelled, if earth-years ancient - a nonsense, number being a human construct:-)
    Delhi en rte back wasn't a necessity.
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• Voyager2002
    Voyager2002 Posts: 15,286 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I suggest you spend half a day in a place with a decent internet connection (public library?). If such a place has a branch of Trailfinders as well, so much the better.
  • ampersand
    Options
    Latter element just about to begin, Voyager, thankyou :-)
    Library putahs are ancient and oversubscribed[notable town of gown] have been desperate enough to try.
    I do drive out to use mob. but complexity of this trip causes sulks, so no go either.
    Just phoned Trailfinders, hence 1st sentence.
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure