Plusnet new customer deal

Options
Is my wife who has never been a broadband customer entitled to new customer deal , as my contract is now up ? Same address and phone No. Rather not jump to talk talk .
Thanks

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,655 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 18 July 2018 at 1:07PM
    Options
    No.
    Unless you have left her and she is retaining the phone number and then she may not get a new customer deal.
    Have you phoned Plusnet for a new deal? You may not get the exact same cost as a new customer but you may get something close to it.

And your contract hasn't ended, you have just passed the minimum term agreed when you were liable to early exit fees. You would still need to pay something to get out of the contract as you are on a 30 day rolling contract.
  • Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Easiest solution here rather than trying to engineer a solution to a problem that doesn't exist is just phone Plusnet, say you've looked around (ensure you do this) and you can get this price from Provider X for the same speed, what can you do for me if I agree to a 12/18 contract?
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I found them very easy last year and hope for the same again.

Without asking they offered the same deal as I had (free broadband if line is paid in advance and , of course, the cost of anytime calls).The only thing I couldn't have was the new person's bonus (bur someone on here even got that), but was given caller display free.

Since this charge was removed, they still give me the discount which nearly covers the increase in broadband fees. (I pay 1p a month more).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure