Sainsburysbank.co.uk

Options
Milarky
Milarky Posts: 6,355 Forumite
Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
Has anyone else been able to 'activate' their registration details for the use of this particular site - since the 'submit' button on the activation page doesn't work?  >:(

Has anyone registered their credit card successfully for this site, in any other way? You can't email Sainsburysbank either because the 'contact us' page contains the same fault!

Thanks
.....under construction.... COVID is a [discontinued] scam

Comments

• Milarky
    Options
    Anybody? ???
  • samuela66
    samuela66 Posts: 1,200 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi, I did mine ages ago online and forgot the passwords I had used as it took that long for teh registration number to get to me, I called the internet helpline and she reset it for me, I didn't have a prolem with teh submit button though! Sorry I can't be of more help :P
    Sam B
  • Hobo_2
    Hobo_2 Posts: 286 Forumite
    Options
  • rich_jtg
    rich_jtg Posts: 316 Forumite
    Options
    I was having problems so wrote to them.

Their advice was to go through the pain of trying to register three times, and then you get a screen with a form to fill in.

Fill it out and then you are sent a login number and password seperately through the post.

Whole process takes about a week which is a bit of a faff.
  • aagoren
    aagoren Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    Ha Milarky, this is probably another great sefvice from Sainsbury's.
    After the wonderfull slow (actually very slow) grocery site now they launch the slow bank.

The pre-sel is very important ,but the after sel is also important.

I had enough with the grocery part of them and will not try the Bank.

Learn from the mistakes of others - you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.
  • Milarky
    Options
    I was having problems so wrote to them.

Their advice was to go through the pain of trying to register three times, and then you get a screen with a form to fill in.

Fill it out and then you are sent a login number and password seperately through the post.

Whole process takes about a week which is a bit of a faff.

rich,

Where I had reached was the page on which you enter your own made-up security info. It is this which you cannot submit [because the link just reutrns you to the top of the same page] and the only action you can therefore perform from there is the press 'cancel' [which navigates you away from the page].

Are you saying that pressing 'cancel' three times after typing in the info actually generated some kind of new form for completion?

Thanks

M
  • Milarky
    Options
    This has Nothing to do with the functionality of Sainsburybank's site, as such ...

1) They have now amended their Summary boxes, which previously stated that 'all transactions' qualified for the interest-free period - and thus offered scope for making short balance transfers. This may have been a 'mistake' in the first place - and never in the cards' terms and conditions - but it was up there for some time.

In fact, the URLs have been changed from:

https://www.halifaxcards.co.uk/NASApp/halifaxcards/do/SummaryBox?sc=TB111115P&special=sainsburys

[which it appears has been removed]

To:

https://www.halifaxcards.co.uk/NASApp/halifaxcards/do/SummaryBox?sc=TB555083V&special=sainsburys

2) They have extended their online 0% for 9 months offer:

http://www.thepressdesk.com/sainsburys_new/pressrelease.php?releaseid=2597

[but that info is a week old, so who knows for how much longer? Wouldn't you think they'd have issued a new 'deadline' though?]
  • Milarky
    Options
    Bump!  :(

Sorry to ask this again, but has anyone successfully registered their Sainsburysbank credit card for online service in the LAST 6 MONTHS?

Their 'Resolutions' team are still saying thay can find nothing wrong - yet their helpdesk man has accepted that their own 'Contact Us' page doesn't work on his screen either.

So, if you have been able to activate your own details, while their own 'Activation' page has 'been down' [i.e. non-functional] all along, how were you able to do this?

I have asked SB if there is any other way of registering - and they keep saying there is not. If they are right about this, they can't have many customers registered at the present time, then, can they??  >:(
  • PaleScene
    PaleScene Posts: 1,029 Forumite
    Options
    Milarky - I've been able to register with the online service, I think that might have been the most painfree bit of transacting with Sainsbury's Bank...

I signed up in May, so similar timing to you by the sound of it. I hope they manage to get it sorted out quickly for you.

Sadly, though the good news was that I managed to sign up to log-in, a stray debit went out on my card so I've had to be issued with a new one and freeze the account. I'm in the process of trying to get the energy together to ring them to complain that I can't register the new card account online as the old one is sitting there frozen in the way.
    Do I Need One Stops All Unnecessary Reckless Spending
    £2 CSC - £30 :kisses3:
  • Joe_Bloggs
    Joe_Bloggs Posts: 4,535 Forumite
    Options
    I phoned their online bank problem number to register after the site appeared to do nothing for about twenty minutes.
    Tel 0845 850 0092.
    They quickly gave me a user name but the password comes by post a couple of days later.
    The site speed is ok once you are registered.

There was a recent critical windows update that was related to online forms. User and server programs had to be altered. Patch things up if you have not updated your system.

It has to be said that a twenty minute response time was not untypical when I applied for this card. I advise anyone else to leave the offending sainsbury page open and browse the web a while. You may get lucky with an actual response.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure