<<<out of cheese error>>>

Options

Comments

• redofromstart
    Options
    Busy bee here, a little patch of sunshine tempted me outside for a couple of hours. Poly tunnel spring cleaned, and some panels put back into the greenhouse. Biggest snowdrop bed cleared of dead stuff so you can see them properly, very very lovely. One of the best things I did the first year here was scrounge a few hundred from my Dad, which I have split out every year so that they have multiplied.

DS1 helpfully broke all the bits down for me so we could fill the green waste bins. We could probably fill them again ten times over but my rubbish hands really don't cope well with pruning.

I was reading over on GPs diary a post by rtandon about cloud bread which appealed given that grains cause me such problems. Made a batch using this recipe and would make again given that I could use them as burger buns, or for open sandwich type things. Anything that keeps me away from bread is good.

I also had another try at biscuits as he had Run Out Of Biscuits. He liked these, but they are still not quite right so yes please but no rush MrsC

Soft chocolate chip cookies:
    Mix 4oz butter with 5oz sugar (half white, half brown). Add an egg and mix until smooth. Stir in 4oz plain flour, 1oz cocoa and a teaspoon of baking powder. Bash up a block of chocolate (we did white and brown) and tip in the chunks. Heaped teaspoons, nice and far apart, onto a baking papered tray, and then 9 minutes at 170 fan. They spread out and level out so don't worry about neatness. Made 18 nice (bottom of mug sized) soft cookies.

He liked them so much that we made another batch of cookies for everyone else, white chocolate this time - so 5oz plain flour, and no cocoa, and a dash of vanilla essence in with the egg. There are only two of those left :cool:
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,293 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    The cookies sound amazing - mmm.

The weather was lovely here this morning so did some tidying in the garden. A taste of Spring :)
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • NoOneAround
    NoOneAround Posts: 1,822 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I think that everyone is the happier for being out in the sunshine today :):T
    NOA
    x
    Feb2014 Total unsecured debt £72,520>>01/06/16 £68166>01/02/17 £66,600=8.18%PAID
    Mortgage Jan14=209,800 Jan15=£200,300 Jan17£180,700>OCT17 £170,200
    Health/Fitness Challenges Priority#1 Stay Fit and healthy - whatever it takes:)
    Wombling Free Cash May2016 £51
  • MrsChaos
    MrsChaos Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I will pass your recipe on to OH and suggest a swap! Tomorrow night should be good.

Cloud bread - saw recipes for this previously and was very tempted. One to follow up at a suitable time.

Your reference to DS1 helping with the green waste reminded me of my conversation with my DS1 before Christmas. Me: Could you trim a few finger widths off the bottom of the Christmas tree? DS1: Of course (excited face). Me: Won't require a trip to the DIY place for a chainsaw, as it's not a redwood. DS1: Oh, ok! (disappointed face).
    He's like a kid in a sweet shop, looking at tools.
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    Cookies sound amazing! Might have to give those a try at some stage. Seem to recall I have a bag of chocolate chips in that were bought for something and never used as well. Hmmm.

Don't get me started on jeans styles being discontinued just when you find a pair you like! M&S decided to completely redesign their slim bootleg jeans that I LOVED - thankfully I managed to find 2 pairs of black ones in the clearance section for £5 each so those will keep me going for a bit - oh, and the difference between the old and the new design? About £10 a pair, apparently! :mad:
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • redofromstart
    Options
    I am hoping that this is the last day without broadband for a while, its been good to have a break from long surveys and SB videos but equally my personal fritter pot is very empty. That said there has been a real surge in PA for me today after having had nothing for weeks.

The cloud bread is better for overnight in the fridge, and is something I will make regularly. It'll be good to have an option for work that feels 'normal'. The cookies are vanishing but will also be made again. I got some more 30p basic chocolate today so we have the option.

NOA, I think an enjoyable half an hour outside makes the world of a difference at this time of year.
  • redofromstart
    Options
    I've just done the view printable copy and cut and pasted my whole diary so that I don't lose the recipes again. I guess I am lucky that mine is one of the shorter ones but I'd be so upset to lose mine again - I've lost mine twice elsewhere (once when MFi3 moved suppliers, and then again when the forum got 'refreshed' late last year) which was why I moved here.

So very upset for SA and now for Cumbria and for anybody else who has lost theirs :-(
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    A very good idea Redo. I've started copying and pasting from my diary every day so I have a record incase mine gets deleted.

I refuse to let the spammers win, if my diary is deleted I'll just keep starting a new one under the same name.

It's very upsetting for the people who have lost their diaries :(.

I hope you get your broadband back tomorrow, surveys are my fritter money too :).
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • redofromstart
    Options
    Nope, not going to be beaten by :spam: bots

If mine goes, I will be back. And I will make sure I go and say hello on the new diaries of everyone who restarts too.
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Nope, not going to be beaten by :spam: bots

If mine goes, I will be back. And I will make sure I go and say hello on the new diaries of everyone who restarts too.

Hear, Hear!:T
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts