BT Complaints & Escalation

Options

Comments

• Idiophreak
    Idiophreak Posts: 12,024 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    CarlaB wrote: »
    I had been looking at signing up to BT for a while and had been keeping an eye on the deals. At the end of November, while at my boyfriends house, I noticed that the Sainsburys voucher was showing as £100 instead of the usual £25, so I signed up (and took a screen shot of the £100 voucher offer). Once the service had started I filled out the online form to request the voucher but noticed in the T&Cs that there was no £100 deal showing for the date I signed up, unless I was switching from Sky (which I wasn't). I queried it with BT and they confirmed it would be £25, I even told them I had the screen shot, but they wouldn't budge. I feel a bit gypped to be honest. Anyone else had this?

Thanks

I had something similar. They refused to believe the deal I'd signed up to...said I must be wrong/confused/lying over and over. Then I finally got one of the managers to walk through the website with me and said "right, click here...now here...now here...see what it says?" There was deathly silence for about 20 seconds...then the guy hung up on me. Classic BT :)
  • weblette
    Options
    I've lurked on here for a while but really wish I'd read this before bothering to move to BT, they've been useless.

Placed initial order for Infinity and TV on November 3rd, finally had broadband installed today. Had ordered extra TV packages which need engineer to install - particularly as it'll need a long ethernet, today's engineer was only 'qualified' to do the broadband.

So having especially wanted the kids channels before Christmas it'll be January before it's in place - oh and they want an extra £35 for another engineer visit which I'm refusing to pay as it's not my fault they didn't send the right engineer.

Hopeless. Really wish I hadn't bothered with BT. Trying to sort this has taken up a substantial chunk of time and it's still not resolved.
  • Cazjazz
    Options
    Deedee77 wrote: »
    Looks like I'm not the only one disillusioned with BT customer service. Been left with a £99 call out charge for an engineer to fix a fault with my phone line. Engineer visited put 2 connectors on the wires and left the property with wires hanging out the wall. BT said the engineers report stated that the line was damaged when in actual fact the line was joined when it was installed a few years ago and was always like that. I've been made out to be a liar as apparently an openreach engineer would not have installed a line like that. I also didn't accept a mandatory statement accepting charges as I never heard anyone read it out due to the noise on the line and how convenient for the call not to of been recorded. I'm now going to have to resort to going to an ADR, just went back to BT again, what a welcome back!

We have also had a similar experience with 'Call Out Charges'. Our phone line went down at the beginning of November BT could not find a fault through there normal fault finding system and told us that they would have to send out an engineer. But there would be a charge of £130 if it was found to be our equipment. So the engineer duly came the next day and found it was the BT Accelerator. Which was a little mysterious, as we had done exactly what we were told to do to discount where the problem was by removing the wires and replacing them one by one and still it did not work, as soon as the engineer did the very same thing it worked. He still changed it to a better one and told us 'no there won't be any charge. On Friday 27th December I received our bill online and saw to my amazement a charge of £130. I contacted BT immediately but they said that there was nothing that they could do and the charge will stand. I told the BT person this is your equipment supplied by BT also we were told that there would not be a charge. In fact the engineer took precisely 10 minutes to change the Accelerator. So we too will be leaving as soon as the contract has expired, and we are going to Sky because we have checked with them and they don't charge for coming out. I always thought highly of BT but not now. And don't start me on the new HUB 4 it hasn't worked properly since we had it in August an we are now on our second Hub and still no joy. In fact we have re-installed the Hub 2 which works fine.
  • daash
    daash Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    Until recently I have been with TalkTalk. I decided to check out the competition and phoned around to get an idea of price. I was tempted by BT's offer because of BT Sport but after a conversation with a BT representative I was advised that they could not supply me with a static IP meaning that BT's offering was no good to me. I eventually settled on PlusNet (I have since found out this is a BT subsidury). I was a little shocked a few weeks later to receive a bill from BT for phone service. I phoned them and they told me they didn't know why I had been switched and they would get back to me - they didn't. To cut a long story short over the next couple of months they chased for payment, didn't respond to calls and then................ they cut my phone line off. Boy was I stinking mad here is BT cutting me off and I am not even their customer. After a lengthy call to me they promised to switch me back on and get back to me. Well they switched me back on and then nothing. PlusNet have now taken over the line but this morning I have received a bill from BT mostly covering cancellation and reconnection charges - £157 and I am not even a BT customer. Phoning them is of no use and I am far from happy. However, writing this down is somewhat cathartic. Happy New Year everyone! :D
  • gatsbyforever
    Options
    Like others on here I have found BT absolutely useless. I moved my broadband to Plusnet on 6 Dec (with MAC code etc) and received numerous emails from BT asking me not to leave and then confirming I had left. Sadly Plusnet delayed transferring my phone line until 20 Dec. whereupon I received 2 letters from BT saying my phoneline was to be transferred away from BT on 20 Dec and that my telephone package was changed to unlimited weekend and evening calls. I rang BT about this and was told the new phone package was applicable up to moving even though I had not requested it but I would get a bill to reflect this. My next bill was for broadband for a period post moving (that was supposed to include unlimited evening and weekend calls in the broadband package) and for the calls package for both the previous month and the month after I left BT. emails remain unanswered. phone calls get cut off mid conversation. I am due a refund not a bill and can't get anywhere with BT so have cancelled the direct debit and will have to sit on the phone all day tomorrow unless anyone has any other useful advice?
  • jimmy_cricket
    Options
    Looking for some advice on how to find out what we have been signed up to.

The back story is that today we received a call from BT. An order was placed for a new hub. The reason why this was required was not made clear and there appears to be nothing wrong with our current one. It is not clear whether this would tie us into a new contract with BT, or indeed any other impact it will have on our contractural arrangements. We were told that the details would be emailed to us. They have not been.

In an attempt to shed light on this, I logged into our account details but these are now no longer available online and it does suggest on the account information page that a new contract is in place.

Contacting BT regarding this by telephone, I was unable to get clarification of exactly what we had been signed up to, was not offered a straight answer and was unable to cancel this order. I intimated that I was recoding the conversation and was basically hung up on.

We do not want to go ahead with an order that there is no clarity or details about. I have attempted to find a contact email for BT, but only a telephone number is offered. Have I have already, unfruitfully 'phoned BT, not sure where to turn.

I've just contacted the person whose email has been given on here, but would be grateful of any other suggestions..

Thanks JC
  • BT_company_representative
    BT_company_representative Posts: 1,861 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi jimmy cricket

I am really sorry about all the confusion with your order. It should have been made quite clear to you, especially after you called in.

I'll be happy to clear this up for you.

Could you send me an email please using the contact form under my profile please?

Cheers

Craig
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of BT. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • jimmy_cricket
    Options
    Hello Craig,

I can't seem to find an email contact under your profile, only a link to a web form. Is this what you would like me to complete?

Thanks JC
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Hello Craig,

I can't seem to find an email contact under your profile, only a link to a web form. Is this what you would like me to complete?

Thanks JC

BT have a "dedicated" webpage for people they have spotted complaining on MSE:

https://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4950

Downside is they insist you give them your MSE username, which to some is an invasion of privacy and unneccessary. (Everyone should be able to raise an issue with them not just those who go public!)
  • nickcc
    nickcc Posts: 2,265 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Quentin wrote: »
    BT have a "dedicated" webpage for people they have spotted complaining on MSE:

https://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4950

Downside is they insist you give them your MSE username, which to some is an invasion of privacy and unneccessary. (Everyone should be able to raise an issue with them not just those who go public!)
    I used the online form and had no problem giving my user name, especially when the result was the credit I had been trying to get from the various outsourced call centres who just told me a load of old rubbish.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure