Compensation for loss of service?

Options
My water was off yesterday from Midday to around 10:15pm :mad: , I was given no notice so I presume it was through an accident that the water had to be turned off.

Am I entitled to any compensation for the loss of service? I'm with Thames Water!

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Are you in North London? Today is my turn, apparently there is a burst water mains and they're working on it. I don't think we can get compensation...
  • hra_2
    hra_2 Posts: 92 Forumite
    Options
    Compensation depends on the actual cause of the outage (perhaps worth checking it was definitely unplanned even if you didn't receive a notice) as well as how long it lasts. Quoting from Thames Water's service guarantee:

"We sometimes have to interrupt water supplies while we carry out essential maintenance on local mains. We will give you 48 hours prior notice of any interruption expected to last 4 hours or more, and aim to restore the supply by the time printed on our notice.
    For an unplanned interruption (such as a burst main) we will restore the supply within 12 hours, or 48 hours if the burst is on one of our "strategic" mains.
    We will pay you £20.00 (£50.00 if you are a commercial customer) if we fail to keep this guarantee."
  • muffinhead
    Options
    hra wrote:
    For an unplanned interruption (such as a burst main) we will restore the supply within 12 hours, or 48 hours if the burst is on one of our "strategic" mains.

Damn - they did it in 10 hours & 15mins - no compensation for me :(;) !
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure