Best sim to port out and back to with Vodafone

Options
Johnmcl7
Johnmcl7 Posts: 2,817 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
I'm currently with Vodafone at the end of a sim only contract which Vodafone won't continue and I've had no luck with retentions either.

I'm planning to port out and straight in again to Vodafone as I can get a much better deal as a new customer, I'm wondering is there any better payg sim to port out to and back from? I've found someone else who's just done the same with an Asda sim without even waiting, I thought Asda were on Vodafone but found they're EE - I'm not sure if that makes any difference in reality for porting.

Vodafone also claimed that I wouldn't be able to do this and would be blocked from porting back in but I assume they were just saying that to try and stop me from doing it.

John

Comments

• mobilejunkie
    Options
    Networks often give wrong information when they may lose a so-called "upgrade". Then again, Vodafone will give wrong information about just about anything.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    You won't be a new customer.

You'll be a returning customer

They're perfectly obliged to block you porting back in again
  • Johnmcl7
    Johnmcl7 Posts: 2,817 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    !!! wrote: »
    You won't be a new customer.

You'll be a returning customer

They're perfectly obliged to block you porting back in again

No, I'll be a new customer as I have no existing contract with Vodafone and they said I could start a new contract with them just not the same number which is incorrect. Furthermore, I won't be going through Vodafone direct either.

John
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Johnmcl7 wrote: »
    No, I'll be a new customer as I have no existing contract with Vodafone and they said I could start a new contract with them just not the same number which is incorrect. Furthermore, I won't be going through Vodafone direct either.
    What's to stop them, or any network choosing to restrict offers to customers who haven't been with them for, say 24-36 months? NB I'm not saying they do this

If you go through a third party, the network still has the final yay or nay on acceptance
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    They can obviously refuse to give him another contract but I doubt they could refuse to port in a number from another network - once they've approved the connection itself.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure