GB Energy Supply reviews: Give your feedback

Options
1535455565759»

Comments

• Peter004
    Peter004 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Did you agree to the increase in your direct debit which was requested by Mr. Springer (Springall) and do you consider it to be justified. Were the Annual Gas and Electricity estimated consumptions of each fuel in line with the consumptions given for the past 12 months on the first page of the Summaries.?
    I'd really like to know whether the hike was a result of a threefold increase in fuel for the next 12 months as mine was or whether this as done to boost the Personal Projection to such a high figure that the rates of My Lite Sept. 2018 look acceptable in comparison. I consider GB to be disingenuous and untrustworthy and suggest that the only reason for increasing direct debits is to improve their cashflow. They treat customers as if they are banks. I'm leaving.
  • Hammer_Time
    Hammer_Time Posts: 446 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 13 July 2017 at 11:18AM
    Options
    sidbee wrote: »
    [FONT=&quot]My fixed tariff contract (fixed 12 Ruby) ended on 7 May. I switched to a different supplier, and their supply started 16 May The final bill from GB Energy supply was incorrect because it charged me at their variable Premium Energy Saver tariff from 7 May. They should have charged for the whole period on the fixed 12 Ruby tariff, as my new supplier had contacted them in good time and the switch was completed within a reasonable period.

When I pointed out the incorrect billing they produced a corrected account, saying that the system automatically switched me to the variable tariff on the expiry of the fixed tariff period. OK, not a huge amount involved for 9 days supply, but if they are trying this on with everyone who switches when a fixed tariff ends then it probably adds up to a tidy sum for them from people who don't check their final bill.

Is there any information on this? I have searched with no luck. I received my final bill and was billed at the variable tariff, I phoned them and they said this only goes back to the old tariff if it's longer than a month.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure