Anyone else taking Lionbridge Exam next week?

Options

Comments

• mark260311
    mark260311 Posts: 40 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all,

It appears I have been accepted for a role with LB, ive set up all the account info etc and provided Iban etc for payment processing - does anyone know how/when/where work starts coming through??
  • Kelxx
    Kelxx Posts: 103 Forumite
    Options
    mark260311 wrote: »
    Hi all,

It appears I have been accepted for a role with LB, ive set up all the account info etc and provided Iban etc for payment processing - does anyone know how/when/where work starts coming through??

You should receive an 'Welcome to the program' email in your gmail account with a link to the portal & your username & password & then just follow instructions in the email. :)
    :heart:***I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE YNAB***:heart:

• virtual_worker
    virtual_worker Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 21 July 2014 at 7:45AM
    Options
    Hello everyone. Im quite new here but have found usefull information in this thread. I had a question regarding lionsbridge and appen butler hill regarding the internet assessor and web search analyst positions. i applied for both and made it past pre screens and am now scheduled for tests for both companies. the tests dates are a day apart (which scares me in case they are with the same testing company or something... idk). i did use the same email to apply for both jobs ( /noob). the only 'red flag' they gave me was that lionsbridge said if i have tested with or worked with leapforce i wont be able to work for them but they didnt say anything about appen. if i had to choose between the 2 i would take appen just because it seems to be more set hours and they pay you/give you a bonus for completing the exam (so i hear). i would love to do both jobs if possible. should i just only take the exam for one company and ignore the other or just go for it and take both exams in case i fail one? i have heard mixed answers all over the place about conflicts of interest and some people say they cross check emails, ips, etc. Do these companies run the same contracts or clients? Ill stop babbling but any info in this situation would be appreciated. Thanks in advance and good luck to anyone else trying to get on board!

tldr: any possible way to work for lionsbridge and appen at the same time? (specifically those 2 companies in 2014)
  • SBOSlayer
    SBOSlayer Posts: 69 Forumite
    Options
    Whoop Whoop!!! Just got an email from them for an Internet Assessor role! EXCITED!! Wanted to get into Lionbridge or leapforce - guess since I got my undergrad last year I qualify lol. Only issue is I can't sit the tests right now, since i'm just wrapping off my masters degree. I thought i'd take weeks before I heard anything as i've heard nothing from Leapforce. ^^
  • SeduLOUs
    SeduLOUs Posts: 2,171 Forumite
    Options
    Curiosity got the better of me and I've just applied to be an assessor. I'm assuming the fact that I already work full time might go against me but I've been completely honest in my application so I guess we'll just see. I spend most of my free time on a laptop so shouldn't be an issue finding 10 hours a week as long as the rate of pay is worth the effort.

Ideal scenario is that this provides enough income for me to drop one day of employed working so I dedicate more time to studying.
  • SBOSlayer
    SBOSlayer Posts: 69 Forumite
    Options
    SeduLOUs wrote: »
    Curiosity got the better of me and I've just applied to be an assessor. I'm assuming the fact that I already work full time might go against me but I've been completely honest in my application so I guess we'll just see. I spend most of my free time on a laptop so shouldn't be an issue finding 10 hours a week as long as the rate of pay is worth the effort.

Ideal scenario is that this provides enough income for me to drop one day of employed working so I dedicate more time to studying.

I don't think it will as long as you can commit the time, I listed I was doing a masters and working part-time in two jobs. They seemed to not bother. The issue I have now is they want me to complete a bunch of stuff for the 18th lol! I totally don't have the time since my dissertation is due in on the 28th lol :P
  • rumcake
    rumcake Posts: 124 Forumite
    edited 20 January 2016 at 6:47PM
    Options
    Failed Lionbridge 3rd exam 2 times in the space of 2 weeks. I'm done here.. impossible to know what they want. Part 1 and 2 are relatively easy. Part 3 seems like a game of luck and ultimately if I passed they'd have quality issues with me because even after reading the guildlines multiple times, I still don't know what they want. No feedback either. They continually say use your judgement but it's not true. They don't accept your judgement, even when it makes perfect sense.

I wish LP would move forward, my application has been pending for months. I passed Appen, but they've not offered me any work. What to do now then?
  • alisondragon09
    Options
    Any Lionbridge newbies out there?
  • sketchypages
    Options
    :beer: applied today. Let's see how it goes!
  • RebekahR
    RebekahR Posts: 5,980 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Looks like there are 2 positions available for this right now ...

* Online Mapping Analyst, Work From Home Job in the UK English

and

* Part time-Work from Home Job Ads Assessor, United Kingdom English
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family