Sorting through my rubbish

Options

Comments

• 3_kids_2_jobs_1_dog
    Options
    Hi All

Just a quick update.

Weightloss still continuing, 2.5 stones in last 6 months. Tried on my summer clothes and literally walked out of most of my skirts, shorts, trousers. I am going to try and get by with things that I have, some bits still fit and some bits I have bought over the winter will be fine for summer too, I did buy some new, size 12 t-shirts yesterday, 3 from Primarni and 3 from Saltrock (£5 each and on a 3 for 2!), to think a year ago I was buying size 18s!!

I am meeting with Ex tomorrow to discuss the way forward, selling the house etc, not looking forward to it but I think I will feel much better once it's done. Looking on Rightmove, there are places I can afford so I will be ok and will hopefully avoid the need for a mortgage.

That's it, enjoy the sunshine

321 xxx
    REPAYMENT PLAN
    Barclaycard £6700 0% repaying at £300 pm
    LOAN [STRIKE]£14000[/STRIKE] £9352 - DFD September 2022
  • 3_kids_2_jobs_1_dog
    Options
    Hi All

Had a frugal few days, payday tomorrow and I'll be back to my budgeting plan, £100 per week for all mine and DD's expenditure, food, petrol, clothes, treats etc. We have no major expenses this month and I am on holiday the end of May but will have been paid again by then so hopefully will make a few dents in debts this month.

Food wise we had frozen pizzas on saturday night, subway (treat for DD on Sunday) and then homemade cottage pie for dinner, the rest of the cottage pie for monday's dinner, pasta with pesto and cheese last night, cauliflower cheese tonight and egg and chips tomorrow, all from stocks. DD is then away Friday - Sunday so I will live on whatever is to hand and do a stock up at the beginning of next week.

Had a chat with Ex on Saturday, didn't really resolve anything so I am going to stay in the house for now and review in a year (obviously if we are going to sell, now is the time of year to put it on the market). At least by giving it time I will be sure that any decisions are the right ones.

I'm looking forward to the coming weekend, night out with girls on Friday and then hopefully a nice day out with a friend on saturday and chill on sunday.

321 xxx
    REPAYMENT PLAN
  • 3_kids_2_jobs_1_dog
    Options
    Hi All

The sun is out today but still chilly and I think I am coming down with the lurgy, throat feels like I've swallowed razor blades!

I had a lovely weekend, drinks with the girls on friday night. Went shopping with a friend on saturday and bought myself a new bed and mattress which he is picking up for me next Sunday (got a really good deal, a very well made bed and the mattress for less than the cost of the frame alone elsewhere). On Sunday I went and saw my grandaughter then my friend and I had a carvery lunch and went out deer spotting and followed that with a visit to a lovely tea shop for coffee and cake to warm up.

I did a grocery shop on Saturday, only spent £31 but got meat, cereal etc, big trolly full, I still can't get over how much I am saving since Ex moved out. I'm barely drinking at home too, a bottle of wine lasts me all week now!

I made a big pot of spagetti bolognaise last night so that will do for tonight's dinner as well and then we have a community supper on wednesday. I might make a fish pie for Thursday and Friday.

With it being bank holiday weeekend I really want to get the hot tub set up but I'm going to need help from DS and his friend as its far too heavy for me to manage. I would be nice to be able to get in it after a day at work though.

321 xxx
    REPAYMENT PLAN
  • leannecollingwood
    Options
    Hi 321,

just wanted to say I stumbled across your thread searching for something else and have just read the entire thing. I got lost in your story for the last 2 hours, it had me hooked!

I really hope you continue to find the strength you need with all the trials and tribulations you've found yourself against. You already sound like super woman to me with the way you've managed everything :)
  • 3_kids_2_jobs_1_dog
    Options
    Hi All

Hi Leanne, thank you so much for your encouragement, the last few years have certainly been a roller coaster! I'm not sure I'm super woman but I'm sure as hell not going to let the bar stewards grind me down!

It's been an odd week, the weather doesnt know what its doing from one hour to the next. I have had the lurgey threatening all week, really sore throat, coughing, sneezing, achy but not really come to anything. I'm looking forward to the long weekend where I can relax and hopefully get some sun.

I'm collecting my new bed on Sunday with a friend so that has meant moving out my son's bed, moving my bed into his room and cleaning and sorting out both rooms. Hopefully it will all be worth it! Nothing much arranged for the weekend apart from that although I may go for a nice walk on the hills on Monday if the weather is good.

Ex is putting pressure on me now as he wants to come back, says he never really stopped loving me! Ummm why did you walk off and leave us then? I'm not sure I want him back, I dont think I will ever really trust him again! But part of me thinks am I just being pigheaded, throwing away all of those years together. I am so messed up at the moment! I think I just need plenty of time and space and no pressure!

Have a great Bank Holiday Weekend all

321 xxx

REPAYMENT PLAN
  • 3_kids_2_jobs_1_dog
    Options
    Hi All

I hope you have all managed to enjoy the glorious Bank Holiday weekend weather.

I had a really lovely, relaxed weekend. I'm still recovering from the lurgey (waking each morning with a pounding head and full of congestion) so didn't want to over do it. Saturday morning saw the removal of DS2's old bed and finishing sorting the two rooms, then grocery shopping and a visit to my parents. Then I took myself off to the pub, on my own, I've got to do these things, then had a nice surprise when a friend who I thought was busy all day met me there. Sunday had a lovely carvery then drove to Big Town to collect my new bed and mattress, I'm so happy with them both, so sturdy and comfortable! Yesterday I went for a lovely long walk, deer spotting with a friend, and then back to a favourite tea room for something to eat. Also manage to do my housework, clean my car and walk my dog!

I did a big grocery shop on saturday, hadn't meant to spend quite so much (£70) but we are well provisioned now. DD cooked me dinner on Saturday, which was lovely, pasta bake and a dessert and she also made some Brownies. I need to do some meal planning to ensure all of the fresh food gets used. It will probably be something like:

Tuesday - slimming world crustless quiche with bacon and peppers (DD can have the rest for school lunches)
    Wednesday - Cottage pie
    Thursday - Bacon and mushroom pasta
    Friday - I'm out so DD can have the rest of the cottage pie.
    Saturday and Sunday, DD is away so I'll just eat whatever needs using up.

I have all of these ingredients in stock.

I had another good talk with Ex, we seem agreed on keeping the house for a year and then re-assessing. I'm not sure if this will work in practice but we will see. We are on good terms at the moment but that could change.

Weightloss seems to have plateaued, but I didn't go to the gym last week and did seem to eat a lot (I blamed the lurgey), however, I was quite active over the weekend. I'm not going to the gym again tonight, will try for Thursday if I'm feeling better by then. I'm also going to try for healthier eating this week.

Have a great day

321 xxx
    REPAYMENT PLAN
  • 3_kids_2_jobs_1_dog
    Options
    Hi All

Well my meal plan didn't last long. We actually had egg and chips on Tuesday night as I was tired and the eggs needed eating anyway. I also made the slimming world crustless quiche on Tuesday so DD had that last night and will also have it tonight and tomorrow as I will not be eating at home either night. I had a JP with mushrooms and stilton last night which was yummy. I'm not sure of my plans over the weekend but if I'm home I will just eat what is in the fridge/freezer.

I'm still not entirely over the lurgey, still have a sore throat and terribly congested so will probably give the gym a miss again tonight, back to it next week. I have done plenty of walking this week so that's good. My weightloss has definitely plataeued though so need to do something to kick start it again.

I'm trying really hard not to spend on anything frivolous (apart from my new bed obviously!) and my account isn't too bad and my expenses are due on Monday and Child Benefit the Monday after. I do need to sort out the Council Tax though as there seems to have been a mix up over payments since I informed them of Ex moving out.

321 xxx
    REPAYMENT PLAN
  • 3_kids_2_jobs_1_dog
    Options
    Hi All

Hope you are all enjoying this lovely weather.

I had a very productive weekend and flexed my Independant Woman Muscles! Bought an eletric lawnmower so that I could cut the lawns without either needing a man to start our petrol mower or paying someone to do it. I was quoted £35 per cut so two cuts and the lawn mower is paid for, it was half price in Argosh and does what I need. I then put up our hot tub that we had last year, not exactly MSE I know but helps me to relax and sleep so worth the outlay! I went in it last night, it was bliss!

I seem to have got away with not doing a grocery shop this weekend which was great, just bought a few bits for DD's lunchbox in £land. Be great if I could do that each month on the weekend before payday, perhaps a little challenge for myself!! I made a cottage pie which did 3 days, we've eaten pizza from the freezer and the last two nights were puttanesca and garlic bread. It's payday on Friday so I will do a shop but it doesnt need to be too big as there is still loads in the freezers and cupboards, so £30 should cover it. It is half term next week and I am off so will attempt to eat from the freezer and use up some items that have been there a while! I will also try and sort through the baking cupboard and either use or throw out some items as I barely do any bakimg these days.

I've sorted out the Council tax debarcle. I didnt realise, and no body mentioned, that our DD would stop when I told them Ex had moved out. Anyway, I have paid the two months we missed and set up a new DD. I have also shifted all of my CC balances and Next balance onto a new 0% for 25 months card with no transter fee, thanks Martin:money:and have set up a payment plan to clear this in 24 months.

I will adhere to my budgeting plan from this payday onwards, £100 per week for DD and I for fuel, food and entertainment, to be withdrawn on a friday ready for the grocery shop on saturday etc. If we over spend at the weekends we will have to just get by for the rest of the week! I need to also re-instate my £1 per toiletry rule as this money will come in useful for Christmas and my £2 savings have also dried up a bit as I seem to have been using my cards too much.

I think that's all for now, have a lovely evening

321 xxx
    REPAYMENT PLAN
  • Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I had a very productive weekend and flexed my Independant Woman Muscles! Bought an eletric lawnmower so that I could cut the lawns without either needing a man to start our petrol mower or paying someone to do it. I was quoted £35 per cut so two cuts and the lawn mower is paid for, it was half price in Argosh and does what I need. ]

I dont post often but have been reading a long time.

You are doing so well with everything since your husband left.

This bit above made me laugh as I am currently pondering this also - I have asked my husband to leave and he is currently viewing properties.
    My main concern currently is how I will mow the lawn??:rotfl:
    We have a brand new petrol lawnmower but my arms are not long enough to start it:rotfl:

My current option is to speak to my lovely neighbour and ask him to do it.
    I dont think an electric mower would work as my back garden is massive
  • 3_kids_2_jobs_1_dog
    Options
    Hi Eager Elephant

Yeap, I have the short arm issue too! My gardens front and back are both pretty big but with an extension cord it was perfectly doable!

Thank you for your lovely comment, I think I am doing ok, have odd days where I wobble but generally positive and slowly moving forward. I am getting quite used to being independant now and settling into a routine, even getting better at doing things like sitting in a beer garden on my own. It's the physical side I am missing, having a hand to hold or getting a nice cuddle when you need one.

Ah well, life is all about change.

321 xxx

REPAYMENT PLAN
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts