What temperature do you keep your house?

Options
123457»

Comments

• Gloomendoom
    Gloomendoom Posts: 16,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You need to move about more.

I wonder if it's a generational thing with those of us who spent our childhood in houses with the coal fire in the living room as the only heat source more willing/able to tolerate lower temperatures.
  • Frogletina
    Frogletina Posts: 3,899 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options

I wonder if it's a generational thing with those of us who spent our childhood in houses with the coal fire in the living room as the only heat source more willing/able to tolerate lower temperatures.

Not for me it isn't. We only had a coal fire in the living room and I can remember ice forming on the inside of the windows every winter. I always felt the cold then too.

One of my worst memories at school was having to change in the main cloakrooms (as the PE changing rooms were deemed too cold) after playing hockey in freezing temperatures. I could not attach my stockings to my suspenders because my fingers were still too numb.

frogletina
    Not Rachmaninov
    But Nyman
    The heart asks for pleasure first
    SPC 8 £1567.31 SPC 9 £1014.64 SPC 10 # £1164.13 SPC 11 £1598.15 SPC 12 # £994.67 SPC 13 £962.54 SPC 14 £1154.79 SPC15 £715.38 SPC16 £1071.81⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Declutter thread - ⭐⭐🏅
  • plumberpaig
    plumberpaig Posts: 65 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Always used to advise my customers and tenants to keep the thermostat at 20 degrees.
  • GwylimT
    GwylimT Posts: 6,530 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Day time we aim for 21, night time it only comes on if the temperature goes below 15.
  • NaughtiusMaximus
    NaughtiusMaximus Posts: 2,832 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    22 during the day for me, I hate the idea of having a cold house.
  • pinkshoes
    pinkshoes Posts: 20,107 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    A thermostat?? Ha!

My boiler does on or off.

If it is off, then hot water needs to be heated via the emersion heater otherwise cold showers and no washing up!

Unfortunately no heating engineer is interested in fitting a thermostat. They just want to replace my ancient (but working just fine) boiler. Grrrr.
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
  • System
    System Posts: 178,101 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Number 4 whatever temperature that is.:D If its any help it goes up to 6.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure