Ground Source Heat Pumps

Options

Comments

• alfapat
    Options
    I have just checked the Danfoss room stat and it says what is asked on the tin , so to speak.The Stat says 23 which is what its being asked for and the water is at 48.5 (close to max) So this is new ,because for the first time this morning the water was 10 degrees behind., Not happened before! What happens in the next 12 hrs is anyone's guess.
    Are their batteries in the receiver ? (Danfoss rx)
  • matelodave
    matelodave Posts: 8,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    If your thermostat is wireless then there are two AA batteries which need to be changed every couple of years. So it might be an idea to replace them.There aren't any batteries in the receiver module.

Although if it is wireless it might be an idea to see if there's anything near it to cause interference. Something like a wifi router.

Have you checked that the programming is correctly set up for every day and that you've got a full set of on/off sequences. Check that you haven't missed one - it's easy to do especially if you've got 7 day programming enabled.
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
  • alfapat
    alfapat Posts: 7 Forumite
    edited 28 November 2018 at 8:18AM
    Options
    OK Thanks , Ill carry out these checks.
    Just to add , yes the batteries in the stat are quite new.
    All programmes through the day to late evening are there.
    Curiously it starts with an "A "when I press programme, Ill look that up in the manual.
  • matelodave
    matelodave Posts: 8,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    If all else fails you can try the reset button on the thermostat and start again.
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
  • alfapat
    Options
    Yes , tried reset, after the initial fault ,all previous settings are retained , which they are. So when the following morning and the Sam controller was switched off at 4,30 am completely , I figured that it didnt do any good ,I corrected this by activating the SAM controller on/off several times, now 36 hours further everything seems fine .
  • JHen
    JHen Posts: 40 Forumite
    Options
    My electric cost me £385 last month!!!
    Hi, this is my second time with this question, so apologies for the duplication. My electric bill for the winter months are astronomical. Spring to autumn they are 80-200 and month then the winter month they hit £300-380!! I have an IVT Greenline HY Plus C7M G3. It was serviced by Alto in September 2018. My home only uses electricity (LPG cooker). Admittedly we have quite a lot of tech stuff permanently turned on and we do a lot of washing and tumble drying. How can I determine if it is the IVT that is causing this expense ?
  • beardymarrow
    Options
    Hi JHen,
    I'd recommend getting a husdata statlink so you can monitor all of the parameters on your heatpump. Failing that check the usage and electric cartridge usage over a few days to see how many hours its on for.

Day before yesterday was really cold here and my pump ran for 20hrs Inc 1hr 20 mins of additional electric, and consumed 75kWh, for example (it did hit nearly 100kWh one day in January when we had lots of people here using hot water and it was below freezing all day). Last 30 days my electricity bill was £310. So, I don't personally think that you're too far off (unless you have a 1 bed terrace.
  • JHen
    Options
    beardymarrow - prompt reply appreciated. I searched for the husdata but I couldn't find any UK sites or english speaking ones. You you have any details. Is it an app or hardware? I think I was kindly given an app from this forum but it was windows based and I only have a mac! How do I get the kWh from the IVT menu ?
  • beardymarrow
    Options
    Hi, you've got the right site http://www.husdata.se/produkter.asp?curr=EURO. There's a button to click top right that changes it to English. It's a cable and software. You can buy a version with a raspberry pi, so you're not using your computer. I don't think you can get kwh from the Ivt, but you can definitely get usage in hours from the menu.
  • JHen
    Options
    Hi! I'm sorry if this is not GSHP related but the cupboard that has my GSHP there are 2x expansion tank so I've assumed they are part of the GSHP system. One is red with a pressure indicator (currently 1bar) and a one is white (no pressure valve). The white one is is connected to a small blue "RWC 6 Bar" valve. Every time we use the cold water, especially the washing machine, dishwasher and sink taps the white expansion tank make a banging noise. I mentioned to to my plumber and he said I need to get the GSHP engineer to check this out as the system us pressurised and the Heatpump can "explode" if not maintained correctly.
    1/ I was not aware the GSHP was pressurised and "dangerous" like a boiler? Is he correct?
    2/ Do I need to have a GSHP engineer look and the expansion tank when I next get it serviced by AltoEnergy ?

Thanks in advance.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure