Prolific Academic Survey Alerts

Options

Comments

• mikep22
    mikep22 Posts: 1,529 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have just seen my account is "on hold" - !!!!!!. Shirty email sent to them. Bizarre that after 2 years on the site that they're doing this. Properly cross....
    Debt: May 15: £17335 Jul 16: £13874 Jan 17: £11,606 Dec 18: £8,308 Sept 19: £4,969 Jul 21: £890
    :beer:
  • Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    mikep22 wrote: »
    I have just seen my account is "on hold" - !!!!!!. Shirty email sent to them. Bizarre that after 2 years on the site that they're doing this. Properly cross....

It is absolutely dead for me; it should be going nuts by now as it did last year. Think a few of us may be past our sell-by date. :(

My account does not look any different; where does it say "on hold", mikep?
  • mikep22
    Options
    Smodlet wrote: »
    It is absolutely dead for me; it should be going nuts by now as it did last year. Think a few of us may be past our sell-by date. :(

My account does not look any different; where does it say "on hold", mikep?

To be fair, I had 4 surveys today - all north of £2.50. The game one it said to use my phone and download an app, it said nothing about keeping the page open.

It says it in 2 places on the "Your Account" page. Under 'user details' next to 'cashout details confirmed' and then next to cash out.

Im furious as it appears to have now returned my game survey, despite me doing it over lunch. Fortunately as an app on my phone I can easily get a screengrab of it.

Ive messaged them through contact us and facebook, and left a message on their facebook. :mad::mad:
    Debt: May 15: £17335 Jul 16: £13874 Jan 17: £11,606 Dec 18: £8,308 Sept 19: £4,969 Jul 21: £890
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Seems to be an ID question mikep? Hope they clear it up for you soon - https://support.prolific.ac/article/78-account-on-hold
  • mikep22
    Options
    rachelja wrote: »
    Seems to be an ID question mikep? Hope they clear it up for you soon - https://support.prolific.ac/article/78-account-on-hold

Lord knows! Nothings changed in a long while for me. The only thing I can think of is when I got the link to the mobile survey I hit complete when I shouldnt of, but it didnt give any other instructions.

If they dont get it done quickly I am going to write in a complaint and especially if they dont OK the video game study, which I spent my lunchtime doing.
  • allison445
    allison445 Posts: 752 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Lord knows! Nothings changed in a long while for me. The only thing I can think of is when I got the link to the mobile survey I hit complete when I shouldnt of, but it didnt give any other instructions.

I did the same and mine was also returned researcher said I never completed it in the time limit couldn't really argue cause I thought I may have just been over .

Just checked and my account seems fine.
  • mikep22
    Options
    Payment got OK'd :) However I am still infuriatingly on hold. Fortunately I have a couple of I-say surveys to do, but its just not as versitile with the rewards. ANNOYING.
  • Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Payment got OK'd :) However I am still infuriatingly on hold. Fortunately I have a couple of I-say surveys to do, but its just not as versitile with the rewards. ANNOYING.

... And you have every right to "moan", mikep.

P.S. :D:p:D
  • mikep22
    Options
    allison445 wrote: »

I did the same and mine was also returned researcher said I never completed it in the time limit couldn't really argue cause I thought I may have just been over .

Just checked and my account seems fine.

The time limit was something like 2 hours 30 mins..but if you didnt get the email quick enough or didnt have time to get your phone its not that much leeway.

Just checked and I am no longer on hold :T:T:beer::beer:
  • Miró
    Miró Posts: 6,906 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Anyone just done a 'Social Communication' study and had problems with it? First of all the study went to completion without me actually having done it. I managed to get back in and do it but then got told there was a problem matching the study with the completion code so Gawd knows what's to do??!! Anyhoo, have messaged the researcher........
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback