Selling your soul to the devil

Options

Comments

• Jenna_Appleseed
    Jenna_Appleseed Posts: 4,873 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 22 December 2017 at 8:04PM
    Options
    Just spotted on a Virgin Radio presenters twitter comp, wanting people to 'offer a swap' to win a mystery prize.

In amongst a load of silly & random offers with pics (husky hair, silly Christmas jumpers, antifreeze, Xmas lights etc.) there's this

"I am quite willing to swap the trapped nerve I've got in the base of my spine. I've had it 2 year now and have come to the conclusion i want rid."

Not quite getting into the spirit of things.

eta: winner was the person who offered

"My bottle of BronchoStop cough medicine. I think its got one swig left just incase you get a little tickle. Hasn't worked for me.... I'm now on the harder stuff (antibios)."

Think more jokey/matter of fact to be an actual sob-story.

& the prize turned out to be a mermaid tail blanket for kids they might not have.
    "And suddenly I find myself listening to a man I've never known before,
    Telling me about the sea..."
  • dontone
    dontone Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    And !!!!!! with the crying faces on winning posts?

Victims of injustice, images of famine-swollen bellies, despair of those at the very end of their tethers, cries of injured innocents in war-torn parts, any loss of a loved one - these are all worthy of tears.

But you didn't win some crisps or deodorant - get a grip!!

(That rant's been brewing all year, sorry!)

Reeks of sour grapes doesn't it?
    There are times where everybody has a go and doesn't win and maybe has a feeling of disappointment.
    But to do the crying emoji's and stuff isn't right, and there is no need for it.
    I'll admit that the ones that say 'you spelt my name wrong' do make me smile, but at least the vast majority of those do have the good grace to congratulate the winner.
    It's usually the ones who do quite well throughout the year that seem to moan the most. Ho-Hum.
    Be Lucky
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin':T :j
  • Jenna_Appleseed
    Options
    Appropriately enough Ray Charles song of being broke and sob stories just came lol :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUbhmtaXZRM
  • Jenna_Appleseed
    Options
    Spotted on Christmas 24 movies Christmas bundle comp - "If l was to win this beautiful Christmas gift . I would give it to a homeless person or a family who is less fortunate as myself and my daughter ."

It's socks, hot water bottle, chocolate, sub to TV & sat week + other unknown items.

Not sure how much use a homeless person would get out of the TV guide sub part of the bundle.
  • bubblebobble23
    Options
    So on twitter someone has made a femfresh parody account and posted a clearly joke comp.
    The responses from some of the usuals are absolutely hilarious, some even saying it's the best thing ever etc.
    check it out
    https://twitter.com/FemfreshhUK/status/949286679969456128
    but be sure not to have a mouthful of tea when you read them!
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • dontone
    dontone Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    So on twitter someone has made a femfresh parody account and posted a clearly joke comp.
    The responses from some of the usuals are absolutely hilarious, some even saying it's the best thing ever etc.
    check it out

I lost it when someone posted something about how 'hard it is to wash the roofs of 4x4's with a standard hosepipe' :rotfl:
    Tons of double entendre to be had there.
    And it also shows how desperate folk are to win something when they don;t even read the Tweet properly..... :rotfl: Serves 'em right.
    Be lucky
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin':T :j
  • Blueyez
    Blueyez Posts: 2,983 Forumite
    Options
    check it out
    account suspended, pity as I need a laugh.
    2018 wins-12wins
  • bubblebobble23
    Options
    I don't know how to post pics or I could screenshot it. if you click on the link you can see all the replies.
    It was a comp for a jetwash and pack of femfresh.. lol:rotfl:
  • grannybiker
    grannybiker Posts: 12,128 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I don't know how to post pics or I could screenshot it. if you click on the link you can see all the replies.
    It was a comp for a jetwash and pack of femfresh.. lol:rotfl:

:rotfl: And they expected serious responses? :rotfl:
    Worse things will have happened in the world today...
    "The only thing that really matters, it to love and to be loved."
  • Jenna_Appleseed
    Options
    Comment on a blog hosting a gleam giveaway & doesn't ask you to comment to enter.

"I am saying my prayers that I will win this time! I haven't had much luck lately at winning! Please pick me!!!! thanks for the chance! <name>"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family