Debt Relief Orders (DRO) - Information & help thread

Options

Comments

• broken_spirit
    Options
    scarlet55 wrote: »
    i think maybe you are right concerning statute barred...i thought you meant that you hadnt heard from them in 6 years...i cant understand tho why they are taking money off you if they have no knowledge of the debt...weird.......when you phone them again b4 ur dro is submitted ask them if they have a reference no.....i didnt have my original account number either but they gave me a reference number, which was just as good..my adviser put that on the form....hope ur feeling a bit better. xxx :):):)

Hi,
    I've got a reference number 4 them (the DCA) But not a reference number 4 the original debt, I'm hoping that will suffice. I was surprised they seemed 2 know so little about it, or maybe they were just unwilling 2 help. I was also surprised that the guy didn't press me 2 make a payment :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: I'm not calling any1 else tho, as both Orville & yourself suggested, as I really don't want 2 give any of them wind of what I may be trying 2 sort out. I don't think going back 2 bed helped :( _pale_ :( Time 2 hit the antibiotics again me thinks :idea: I might have 2 have them out as my doc suggested, but I thought I would have grown out of it by now :)
    I am a Leo...& as such I will defend my "pride" ferociously....you have been warned!
  • scarlet55
    scarlet55 Posts: 21,780 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    your'e never to old to have your tonsils out..my brother had his out when he was 48 lol....the reference number will be all they need...thats all i had from the debt company that had took on my catalogue debt, as i couldnt remember my number and i just didnt want to phone them...have you got everything ready to post on monday...did your soa come ?:)
  • broken_spirit
    broken_spirit Posts: 743 Forumite
    edited 9 April 2011 at 10:14PM
    Options
    your'e never to old to have your tonsils out..my brother had his out when he was 48 lol....the reference number will be all they need...thats all i had from the debt company that had took on my catalogue debt, as i couldnt remember my number and i just didnt want to phone them...have you got everything ready to post on monday...did your soa come ?:)

No, it's not arrived yet. Hopefully it will be here on Monday. Think I've got everything ready 2 go now, barring my SOA. Did u notice anything missing on my list last night? I'll be getting it sent back asap!!! Had 2 phone calls 2day, 2 my mobile! How the hell they've got that number I don't know, cos I never give that out as a contact number. They left snotty voicemails demanding I return their calls immediately.................so I deleted them! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:There's no way I'm taking DCA calls on my mobile 2 :mad: :mad: :mad:
    I am a Leo...& as such I will defend my "pride" ferociously....you have been warned!
  • scarlet55
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    no just ignore them...i wonder if wba has got the link to those letters i was on about..you cant go on like this for the next few weeks...i think you have everything you need..if i do think of anything i'l let you know....have you written your soa out so you just have to copy it when it comes...:):)
  • broken_spirit
    Options
    no just ignore them...i wonder if wba has got the link to those letters i was on about..you cant go on like this for the next few weeks...i think you have everything you need..if i do think of anything i'l let you know....have you written your soa out so you just have to copy it when it comes...:):)

yep, I'm not gonna make the same mistake again :) Please do point out anything u may think I'm missing.........................if anything else springs 2 mind :A I just turned my mobile off in the end as it was this afternoon when I was trying 2 get some sleep :mad: I'll just turn the house phone off 2 like u said if it gets unbearable. But it would be gr8 if any1 has the links 2 the letters if it does continue, cos it'll drive me up the wall :wall: I'm hoping that with 2moro been Sunday, it will be quiet.......................but I'm not holding my breath xxx:rotfl:
  • scarlet55
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    right, iv just found a template letter that the CAB gave me to send to my creditors...it goes like this.............dear sir/madam, i have been experiencing difficulty in meeting my financial commitments and i am sorry for this..i have been to my local advice bureau for advice and assistance in drawing up a financial statement....this will take a couple of weeks and then i will contact you again with an offer of payment....in the meantime will you please withhold any further recovery action against me and could you please provide me with the balance outstanding plus any arrears and interest accrued...would you please also send me a copy of any credit agreement......i would also like you to refrain from telephoning me and put all correspondance in writing....yours faithfully.........send it to each credito and make sure you put your reference number on it....:):):)
  • broken_spirit
    Options
    right, iv just found a template letter that the CAB gave me to send to my creditors...it goes like this.............dear sir/madam, i have been experiencing difficulty in meeting my financial commitments and i am sorry for this..i have been to my local advice bureau for advice and assistance in drawing up a financial statement....this will take a couple of weeks and then i will contact you again with an offer of payment....in the meantime will you please withhold any further recovery action against me and could you please provide me with the balance outstanding plus any arrears and interest accrued...would you please also send me a copy of any credit agreement......i would also like you to refrain from telephoning me and put all correspondance in writing....yours faithfully.........send it to each credito and make sure you put your reference number on it....:):):)

Thankyou so much, you're a gem :A I'll type them up 2moro when hopefully I'll be feeling a little better. Did you use the letter? & if so did you get reponses from all your creditors? It will make life alot easier for me if I can get them 2 co-operate by using the letter :) Thanks ever so much 4 digging it out 4 me xxx
  • scarlet55
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    i didnt actually use it cuz by the time i had a responce my dro would have been going thru, but it is the one they give out to every body going for a dro so it must work(hopefully) xxx
  • broken_spirit
    Options
    i didnt actually use it cuz by the time i had a responce my dro would have been going thru, but it is the one they give out to every body going for a dro so it must work(hopefully) xxx

Thanks again, I'll type them up 2moro & print my credit report off 2, so I'm fully prepared (hopefully) :wave: Think I'm gonna try get some sleep (again) I'll speak 2moro xxx
  • scarlet55
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    night b.s xxx :):):)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business