The TMB, Challenor Investments and a Mis-sold Mortgage

Options

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,387 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    You single handedly seem to have solved this mystery that the police have been working on for months, WOW - well done, you know EVERYTHING about the mortgage game inside out. You are amazing. Wrong though.

Why are you posting on a thread then about it?

You didnt know what you were doing when you bought it and there are enough inconsistencies in your posting to suggest you dont know what is going on now.

You entered into a high risk transaction (borrowing to invest) without knowing what you were doing and it comes across as if you are looking for someone else to take the blame for it going wrong.

Its your own fault and I hope others dont have to take responsibility for your actions.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • FraudBuster
    FraudBuster Posts: 931 Forumite
    Options
    Blinded by Greed.
  • _Andy_
    _Andy_ Posts: 11,150 Forumite
    Options
    Another blatant troll thread.
  • Cashpig74
    Cashpig74 Posts: 284 Forumite
    Options
    is this MSE - or Priks R Us? I guess the latter..

I love the way everyone sums it up and has the final say based on a general post - you should ALL be detectives you are so thorough.

There is more to it than what I have posted - clearly.

An investment is ALL about making money - nothing to do with greed.

I got shafted - it happens - and now I want it looked at from all angles.

I would be a mug not to - I do not believe for a second that the bank or any other participant in this purchase was kosha throughout.

I will find the route of the problem as is the fraud squad DI that I am liasing with,

I am sure if it was a case of moaning about poor buy to let deals, he would have come to that conclusion already.
  • Mr_E_Man_2
    Mr_E_Man_2 Posts: 50 Forumite
    Options
    Did you ever ask why you were getting a mortgage from a lender I've never heard of and not a household name bank or building society?
  • Wutang_2
    Wutang_2 Posts: 2,513 Forumite
    Options
    These things only ever happen to arrogant people who think they know better - and can't handle it when it all goes wrong.

Nice people never face these difficulties as nice usually equates to honest.

Although Mr CashPig is funny
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Tiddler_2
    Tiddler_2 Posts: 537 Forumite
    Options
    My thoughts are would this matter be brought up if house prices had gone up by 20%.............of course not.

If house prices rise in the future and the OP still owns the property will he/she be giving their "illgotten gains" to the police as "proceeds of a crime"...........of course not.

Cashpig you have already admitted that you're a gambler/sports trader, this is a gamble that short term hasn't paid off.....keep hold of it and it may do..........eventually.
  • Cashpig74
    Options
    Tiddler wrote: »
    My thoughts are would this matter be brought up if house prices had gone up by 20%.............of course not.

If house prices rise in the future and the OP still owns the property will he/she be giving their "illgotten gains" to the police as "proceeds of a crime"...........of course not.

Cashpig you have already admitted that you're a gambler/sports trader, this is a gamble that short term hasn't paid off.....keep hold of it and it may do..........eventually.

You are exactly right - if prices had gone up I would have been none the wiser. I only realised that there was a problem and prices were falling.

Other flats released onto the market 6 months after I completed on mine, were up for sale at the asking price of at least £30,000 less than mine - same size, same spec - different builder, but same plot/area.

Now that they have all fallen in price 2 years on, they are ALL valued at the same - around £110,000 supposedly... If this was the case how come mine went from £180,000 to £110,000 and all the others went from £150,000 to £110,000? Surely, it was still be reflective in the lower general market valuations..

Fact is, I was sold a property that was over "valued".
  • Cashpig74
    Options
    Mr_E_Man wrote: »
    Did you ever ask why you were getting a mortgage from a lender I've never heard of and not a household name bank or building society?

Do your research. The TMB are owned by the Halifax.

But they still can make errors.
  • Conrad
    Conrad Posts: 33,137 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Cashpig, your rambling style is confusing us, please help us out here:

1) What loss have you incurred in monetary terms that is attributabnle to a fraud?

2) You were quite happy no deposit was required, but some how now youre not so happy, why?

You weren't one of those that thought properdeee only goes up in'it, were you??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure