PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Landlord and entering house

Options

Comments

• Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    noddynoo wrote: »
    He is Nigerian sorry. He is just making things difficult and the inventory shows that we entered a filthy house and left it clean. There will be no doubt about that But all the correspondence I had with him was as landlord and he wasn't. - he was YOUR landlord, regardless of who owned the house He never gave notice he just text and said he was coming. And within minutes he was there. he came into the house with me alone and tbh he could have been anyone. - so why on earth did you let him in?? Its fine I have a list of people who have been duped by him now after a very busy morning online and he is known to various bodies so I don't think I will have any trouble now getting the money I just would have preferred the easy way. Purplebricks never knew he was in contact with me or came round etc and came in as he got my number from a plumber who had done work in the house and started contacting me like that Yes its my fault but I am over 2k out of pocket currently and he is a crook who I could shop to the immigration people for his shoddy NHS fraud but I'd rather have my £ and a quiet life

Are you basing your assertion on NHS fraud due to his nationality?
  • Comms69
    Options
    God he wants my address now and PB have had to intervene and tell him to stop harassing me as he isn't the landlord They are dealing with her and she is saying nothing

He is the landlord. Not sure how many times this has to be spelt out, the landlord is the person on your agreement.
  • comeandgo
    comeandgo Posts: 5,744 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Comms69 wrote: »
    He is the landlord. Not sure how many times this has to be spelt out, the landlord is the person on your agreement.

As I understand it, it was not his name that was on the agreement but his wife's. OP made the mistake in thinking he was.
  • Comms69
    Options
    comeandgo wrote: »
    As I understand it, it was not his name that was on the agreement but his wife's. OP made the mistake in thinking he was.

Fair enough, landlord's husband, tbh just as likely to be authorised to act 'as' the landlord.
  • G_M
    G_M Posts: 51,977 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    1) what is the full name of the landlord named on the tenancy agreement?

2) what is the address in England or wales provided to you in writing ( on the tenancy agreement?) for 'serving of notices'? This is how/where you send official letters to your landord. If you have not been given one, you do not have to pay rent.
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    G_M wrote: »
    1) what is the full name of the landlord named on the tenancy agreement?

2) what is the address in England or wales provided to you in writing ( on the tenancy agreement?) for 'serving of notices'? This is how/where you send official letters to your landord. If you have not been given one, you do not have to pay rent.
    Umm, probably not ideal to post full name and address on here... I'm sure you just meant "Look at them on the tenancy", but...
  • noddynoo
    Options
    He was not authorised to act the agents have confirmed this. The address on teh landlord is c/o Purplebricks. I have his address as the neighbours gave it to me but have never sent anything there or been there even though it is literally a few streets away. i'm a bit scared of him. The agents have contacted him today and told him to stop messaging me
  • noddynoo
    Options
    He is not authorised to act he doesn't own the house and Purplebricks only know of him because of messages he has sent me which I forwarded to them.
  • G_M
    G_M Posts: 51,977 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    AdrianC wrote: »
    Umm, probably not ideal to post full name and address on here... I'm sure you just meant "Look at them on the tenancy", but...
    Indeed. I could have phrased it better!
    The address on teh landlord is c/o Purplebricks.
    If the address on the tenancy agreement 'for serving notices' is c/o purple bricks, then THAT IS WHERE YOU MUST SEND ALL FORMAL COMMUNICATION. By all means send copies elsewhere (his email if you have it, his address 'a few streets away', whatever, but you MUST use the official address provided by law for that purpose.

Since there seems to be some confusion as to who the LL actually is, again I refer you to the tenancy agreement (yes, of course don't post the name here!), but whatever name is used at the top of the agreement, that is your landlord.
  • Comms69
    Options
    He is not authorised to act he doesn't own the house and Purplebricks only know of him because of messages he has sent me which I forwarded to them.

But purplebricks work for the landlord, who can nominate anyone he or she likes to act on their behalf - and they don't have to tell the agent this
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure