Woodford Concerns

Options

Comments

• AnotherJoe
    AnotherJoe Posts: 19,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Agree 100%, while Woodford himself might not know the difference between fusion & fission, never mind the intracies of binding energy and the coulomb barrier - there are Science PhD's on the board of Woodford and it's quite easy to hire in an adviser from a University. Even a lecturer in physics would spot IH's science as duff :mad:

You've only got to read about the person behind this company and the shenanigans they have gone through to not allow anyone to inspect their "device" and the fact that if its so good why arent they simply selling electricity much cheaper than anyone else, to understand its not kosher. Their device is as credible as L Ron Hubbards "E-Meter".
  • Reaper
    Reaper Posts: 7,283 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Agree 100%, while Woodford himself might not know the difference between fusion & fission, never mind the intracies of binding energy and the coulomb barrier - there are Science PhD's on the board of Woodford
    Well... actual only one on the investment team. Lucinda Crabtree has a PhD in Pharmacology, so not much help for understanding cold fusion.

Source
  • Johnnyboy11
    Johnnyboy11 Posts: 319 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    WPCT can be owned for 58 British Pence today, for those with a penchant for risk...
  • Malthusian
    Malthusian Posts: 10,965 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    newatc wrote: »
    In a year's time they will showing stats on how the then "current" Wealth 50 has done over the last 5 years without drawing attention to then forgotten Woodford fund losses.

A bit like "copytrading" outfits showing how well their top 5 traders have done over the past month and implying that you'll make 100% a month by copying them. Only the timescale is different.
  • Johnnyboy11
    Johnnyboy11 Posts: 319 Forumite
    Options
    Reaper wrote: »
    Well... actual only one on the investment team. Lucinda Crabtree has a PhD in Pharmacology, so not much help for understanding cold fusion.

Source

I once interviewed a Doctor who used the post nominal letters PhD, ABD after his name. Going great until I enquired what the letters ABD stood for. "All But Dissertation" came the response!
  • StellaN
    StellaN Posts: 354 Forumite
    edited 14 June 2019 at 2:51PM
    Options
    WPCT can be owned for 58 British Pence today, for those with a penchant for risk...

I noticed on the HL website (for the trust), that somebody bought nearly £600K worth of shares this morning, they paid 59.20

I'm still considering whether invest a small sum although I understand the problems with some of its holdings such as IH but there are a few holdings that could produce some value.
  • Scarpacci
    Scarpacci Posts: 1,017 Forumite
    Options
    Another big drop in Kier, down 35% today. According to the last filing, Woodford owns 15% of the company.

I'm sure he'll be along to tell us the problem is just that the defensive stocks are overvalued. If he thought the UK domestic stocks were the most undervalued he's seen in thirty years, he must be downright giddy now. They just keep falling.
    This is everybody's fault but mine.
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Scarpacci wrote: »

I'm sure he'll be along to tell us the problem is just that the defensive stocks are overvalued. If he thought the UK domestic stocks were the most undervalued he's seen in thirty years, he must be downright giddy now. They just keep falling.

Broking houses will know that WPCT needs to liquidate holdings and will mark down prices accordingly. Buyers market. There's no sentiment.
  • itwasntme001
    itwasntme001 Posts: 1,145 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Stay away from all things Woodford - he is toxic!!
  • itwasntme001
    itwasntme001 Posts: 1,145 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Thrugelmir wrote: »
    Broking houses will know that WPCT needs to liquidate holdings and will mark down prices accordingly. Buyers market. There's no sentiment.

If they mark down prices due to Woodford selling the stocks off in the near future, then it is due to the amount he holds vs the liquidity/volume in the shares traded daily.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback