Comments

• soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    adindas wrote: »
    As far as I understand, it is only by standing order as stated here
    https://www.halifax.co.uk/savings/fixed-term/regular-saver/

I have been having this SO for a a few years by now and I do not remember ever be able to add this RS even by internal transfer among Halifax/BOS account. If it was a mean of doing that many people would have done that for first payment/deposit as this is the fastest way to hit your RSA. Faster than SO as with SO it will need at least one day after you set up a new SO to reach your account for the first deposit.

Your second para casts some doubt on your ability to distinguish the subtle difference between what it says, what it (may have) intended and what it actually means in correct English.
  • JamesRobinson48
    Options
    Santander has just withdrawn its 3.00% RSA. The replacement 8th issue pays only 2.50% on max £200 per month.
  • bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,092 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 14 June 2019 at 5:09PM
    Options
    As far as I understand, it is only by standing order as stated here
    https://www.halifax.co.uk/savings/fixed-term/regular-saver/

"You can save from £25 to £250 a month by standing order (this must reach your account by the 25th of the month)"

It does not say you have to but it also does not say you could pay by other mean.
    If there was, like any other RSA product they would have stated those various ways of paying into your account.

I have been having this SO for a a few years by now and I do not remember ever be able to add money into this RS even by internal transfer among Halifax/BOS account. If there was a way of doing that many people would have done that for "first payment/deposit" as this is the fastest way to hit your RSA for the first deposit.

I have always funded both Halifax and BOS regular savers by Internal transfer from Halifax Current Account, option is there to be able to do it, whereas with TSB and probably other Banks isnt possible to fund this way. :)
  • polymaff
    polymaff Posts: 3,904 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have always funded both Halifax and BOS regular savers by Internal transfer from Halifax regular saver

Sure about that?
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,827 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Santander has just withdrawn its 3.00% RSA. The replacement 8th issue pays only 2.50% on max £200 per month.

Seems a good time to switch banks and get a bonus now then, think mine is ending in a few months, shame really as with Leeds going I'll only have the Virgin one left paying anything sensible!
  • xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,422 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options

Amazon voucher scheme proved too expensive?:eek:
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,813 Forumite
    Options
    I have always funded both Halifax and BOS regular savers by Internal transfer from Halifax Current Account, option is there to be able to do it, whereas with TSB and probably other Banks isnt possible to fund this way. :)

How did you do that ?
    Did you do that from your BOS IB or Halifax IB ?

I just tried it with my BOS IB a few minutes go.
    I pressed the button "Make a quick transfer"

And the option
    "Transfer money between your Bank of Scotland accounts"

in the drop down menu "From"
    "Monthly Saver" BOS
    "Regular Saver" Halifax
    Are not there

Similar to option "To"
    "Monthly Saver" BOS
    "Regular Saver" Halifax

I wonder how did you do the internal transfer if that account are not shown in the drop down menu ?

Are you referring to faster payment or Internal Transfer ??
  • bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,092 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Similar to option "To"
    "Monthly Saver" BOS
    "Regular Saver" Halifax

I wonder how did you do the internal transfer if that account are not shown in the drop down menu ?

?

Have you tried clicking "show all your accounts"?

I only have Halifax C/A now - Internal transfer
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,813 Forumite
    Options
    Have you tried clicking "show all your accounts"?

I only have Halifax C/A now - Internal transfer

I have both BOS and Halifax accounts, a few of them. Most of the time I only need to open the BOS IB to access both of them.

I just tried it again a few minutes ago with my BOSS IB:
    the option "show all your accounts" are not there. It is probably because they have shown all accounts where they will allow you to do an internal payment.

With exception of RSAs all of the accounts, current and saving accounts that I have with them are shown in the drop down menu. These include other saving accounts "access Saver", "Everyday saver".

To be able to do internal payment to RSAs is actually a very good feature to make the "first payment" on the day you open the account.

But I give up by now until other people could confirm that it could be done with internal payment.
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have both BOS and Halifax accounts, a few of them. Most of the time I only need to open the BOS IB to access both of them.

I just tried it again a few minutes ago with my BOSS IB:
    the option "show all your accounts" are not there. It is probably because they have shown all accounts where they will allow you to do an internal payment.

With exception of RSAs all of the accounts, current and saving accounts that I have with them are shown in the drop down menu. These include other saving accounts "access Saver", "Everyday saver".

To be able to do internal payment to RSAs is actually a very good feature to make the "first payment" on the day you open the account.

But I give up by now until other people could confirm that it could be done with internal payment.
    I've always initially funded my Halifax, BoS and Lloyds regular savers by internal transfer, as I was invited to do so at the end of the application. And they've always paid interest as they should.

I've always run with SOs after the initial funding by internal transfer.

But, intrigued why BLF has access to operations you don't have access to, I've just visited all my LBG online banking areas and can confirm:

Whilst logged into Halifax, I have the option available to make a transfer from any of my Halifax or BoS current accounts to either of my BoS or Halifax regular savers.

Whilst logged into BoS, ditto the above.

Whilst logged into Lloyds I have the option available to make a transfer from my Club Lloyds current account to both of my regular savers (ordinary and Club).

I wonder if you're somehow going about it the wrong way.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure