Unauthorised Search

Options
Hi. I would appreciate some advice on where to check this out. I have noticed an anti money laundering search on my credit karma account , formally Noddle. I have not applied for any credit. I understand this search is usually done when I have applied for a loan in the past. I am concerned especially as I have excellent credit. Search was made 5/06/19 so if suspicious may have caught early.

The search was made by
Tsb Bank 2 (Ml, Cval)
Tsb Bank 2 (Cval Ml

Your help would ease my slightly worried mind :o

Comments

• boo_star
    boo_star Posts: 3,202 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Have you applied for anything with TSB or do you have any existing products with them?
  • selinek
    selinek Posts: 72 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi Boo_star
    No. I had a current account with TSB that closed in 2015. My last loan application was in March this year with Admiral. Not aware they are part of TSB group
  • MovingForwards
    MovingForwards Posts: 16,924 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    I've had the same thing this week and have lodged a complaint with them, but have not heard anything further from them aside to the automatic acknowledgment as it was done online.

Mine also had the word 'batch'.

My searches led me to believe it's nothing to be concerned with, but I've previously had financial products with them and am no longer at the address I was when I was with them.
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
  • Fiona_CW
    Fiona_CW Posts: 128 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Was it a hard search or a soft search?
  • boo_star
    Options
    Fiona_CW wrote: »
    Was it a hard search or a soft search?

It's a money laundering search, not a credit search.
  • Fiona_CW
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I didn't know they showed on your credit report. Probably need to phone TSB
  • boo_star
    Options

It's highly unlikely to be anything if there isn't also a credit search to go along with it and besides, that page is aimed at current customers, there isn't anything relating to ID fraud against non-customers.
  • Fiona_CW
    First Anniversary
    Options
    boo_star wrote: »
    It's highly unlikely to be anything if there isn't also a credit search to go along with it and besides, that page is aimed at current customers, there isn't anything relating to ID fraud against non-customers.

If you don't think it is anything then why are you posting on here asking for advice??? Surely if you phone one of those numbers they should at least be able to direct you to the relevant department.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    If you don't think it is anything then why are you posting on here asking for advice??? Surely if you phone one of those numbers they should at least be able to direct you to the relevant department.

Because boo_star isn’t the OP asking for advice?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure