getting what im entitled to

Options

Comments

• poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,963 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    For PIP you have to expect the conditions to last at least 9 months not 6 months, even with this the OP may struggle for an award. The accident only happened 3 weeks ago so applying for PIP is out for at least 3 months.
  • Alice_Holt
    Alice_Holt Posts: 5,950 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 15 July 2018 at 4:56PM
    Options
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    The accident only happened 3 weeks ago so applying for PIP is out for at least 3 months.

Since when the OP has a thread stating:
    "natwest gave me a £1500 overdraft. withdrew it all in cash in the branch the day after it was applied for a downpayment on a dog."
    (From the link kindly supplied by worried jim.)

Anyone else wonder if this was the dog that led to his downfall;
    https://www.quora.com/What-is-a-shaggy-dog-story-What-is-the-funniest-example-of-one

Best advice for the OP would be to steer clear of dogs in the future.

In the unlikely event that this "everything i can claim for" post is genuine, then I second the advice to go to CAB.
    Alice Holt Forest situated some 4 miles south of Farnham forms the most northerly gateway to the South Downs National Park.
  • Hasbeen
    Hasbeen Posts: 4,404 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 15 July 2018 at 4:52PM
    Options
    AyJay18 wrote: »
    i fell off the roof of my dads house while trying to save my neighbors dog from falling. i was in hospital for 3 weeks with all sorts of breaks and complications. cant work for another year at-least signed by a doctor.

i want to claim my entitlement and what im owed by the state in benefits. im thinking incapacity benefit, income support, employment support allowance and anything else im eligible to get. doctors still yet to find out after physio if im left disabled as my back is severely damaged. i wont look into disability and mobility until thats confirmed though. in the meantime i need to claim anything for my current situation. any advice or information to help?

What was the neighbours dog doing on your dads Woof?

Is your dad insured against people falling off his roof?

Good luck with your entitlements LOL:rotfl:
    The world is not ruined by the wickedness of the wicked, but by the weakness of the good. Napoleon
  • paragon909
    paragon909 Posts: 1,498 Forumite
    Options
    I get the impression this thread is trolling or trying to be smart!

All you're entitled to is ESA likely assessment rate which is same as JSA rate, Providing the doctor gives you a sick note.
  • sassy_one
    sassy_one Posts: 2,685 Forumite
    Options
    The OP recently got a Sainsbury's Credit Card, as posted in the other part of the forum.
    With rough calculations of a £5000-6000 limit on it.

Unfortunately, his father has opened it, used it, sealed it back with its PIN and now the OP has been left with this huge credit card debt.

Either they are very very unlucky and this isn't the year for them or I can smell that dog has been messy!
  • TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,489 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    If by 'laid off' the OP means that he no longer has a job he will need to claim either ESA or UC, depending on what is in payment in their area. As has already been said, Incapacity Benefit and Income Support are not available to him.
  • sassy_one
    sassy_one Posts: 2,685 Forumite
    Options
    TELLIT01 wrote: »
    If by 'laid off' the OP means that he no longer has a job he will need to claim either ESA or UC, depending on what is in payment in their area. As has already been said, Incapacity Benefit and Income Support are not available to him.

I'm not sure if the OP could claim any means tested benefits, as in a few posts they've stated that they have savings, which could cover a £3600 odd debt that the father has ran up.
    So obviously this amount would still be under the allowed amount, but if it's more then I doubt they'll be able to claim any.
  • worried_jim
    worried_jim Posts: 11,631 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    sassy-one wrote: »
    The OP recently got a Sainsbury's Credit Card, as posted in the other part of the forum.
    With rough calculations of a £5000-6000 limit on it.

Unfortunately, his father has opened it, used it, sealed it back with its PIN and now the OP has been left with this huge credit card debt.

Either they are very very unlucky and this isn't the year for them or I can smell that dog has been messy!

Their mate has just robbed them of £7k on a dogs operations at the vets. I could do with some cash so I might tap them up as well as they aren't the sharpest tool in the box.
  • Alice_Holt
    Alice_Holt Posts: 5,950 Forumite
    edited 15 July 2018 at 7:19PM
    Options
    Their mate has just robbed them of £7k on a dogs operations at the vets.

Well spotted.

Another tall tail (sorry - best I could manage).

It's a dogs life OP.
    Alice Holt Forest situated some 4 miles south of Farnham forms the most northerly gateway to the South Downs National Park.
  • LilElvis
    LilElvis Posts: 5,835 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Alice_Holt wrote: »
    Well spotted.

Another tall tail (sorry - best I could manage).

It's a dogs life OP.

I think the phrase you're looking for is "Shaggy Dog Story" :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family