Credit cards dropped off my file

Options
Hi, I’ve been paying off a massive debt in credit cards for about 15 years. I had agreements for at least five of this where I was paying £1 a month and the interest was frozen. Slowly as I began earning more I increased the payments to £100 per card with the interest still frozen. Now I’m down to a debt of around £12k paying £700 a month off. What I’ve noticed recently though is all the companies I’m payknh have disappeared from my credit file. I used to be able to keep tabs on the outstanding balances but now they aren’t showing. Can anyone explain why? Also am I sill liable for the debt? I will continue to pay regardless as I believe I owe the money and should pay it back hence why I never went bankrupt years ago but am curious as to why I can’t see the info any more. Thanks for your help.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Yes, you're still liable.

Accounts are no longer visible on our credit files, 6 years after default.

Your creditors will tell you how much you owe. Credit files are not a good way of tracking balances.
  • snowy1974
    Options
    Thanks for the help. I have my balances all stored on my phone and update accordingly. I know what!!!8217;s left on each, I just liked to check them from time to time to make sure no interest had been added or that anything had changed.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Ask the lenders/creditors to send you a statement of accounts
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills