PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

No viewings in 6 weeks, drop price?

Options
How has been up for sale 6 weeks and we've had no interest at all. Not even a sniff.

Should we reduce the price now? Or wait a bit?

Comments

• AnotherJoe
    AnotherJoe Posts: 19,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Are you bold enough to post a rightmove reference? You wont be able to post a direct link so give enough details to make it easy to find.
    If not a single viewing in 6 weeks I'd say wait until the end of this month (traditionally sales interest is low in August and only picks up in Sep so in some respects you've only had a week and a bit) and then take a fair chunk off.
    Is there anything you would say is likely to put people off?

How did you arrive at the price you are advertising it at?
  • Frth
    Frth Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    The only feedback we had was that because it's an ex council house that had put people off. But it is priced really low I think.
    We decided on a middle price between what 4 estate agents had recommended.

I'll post details here for it but before I do I don't want to be an idiot is there any reason not too? it's online anyway so I can't see why not post it?
    The online advert is superb though. It's looks really good
  • jonnygee2
    jonnygee2 Posts: 2,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I'll post details here for it but before I do I don't want to be an idiot is there any reason not too? i

Not really, thousands of threads are on here with the link.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Do you know what sales are like in the area.., are there other properties advertised for extended periods?

However, even so, it probably is price. Have you asked the estate agent?
  • Cakeguts
    Cakeguts Posts: 7,627 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    How does the price compare to similar houses that are not ex council houses? If it is on at the same price or more expensive people will buy those first.
  • Crashy_Time
    Crashy_Time Posts: 13,386 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Frth wrote: »
    How has been up for sale 6 weeks and we've had no interest at all. Not even a sniff.

Should we reduce the price now? Or wait a bit?

The higher interest rates go the lower prices will go, don`t wait make a decision and act now. If there is absolutely no interest it is most likely price IMO.
  • 00ec25
    00ec25 Posts: 9,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    there are only 2 real reasons why property gets no views:

1. there is no one looking for your sort of house, in your area, at this time of year.
    Your EA should be able to answer that given we can ignore that no one knows about it since it is on Rightmove

or

2. Your competitors offer better value for money so why bother even coming to see you - have you studied them and worked out your strengths and their weaknesses and married that against what has actually sold in the last 1 - 2 months?
  • ProDave
    ProDave Posts: 3,724 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    If nothing else your location might give a clue.
  • YoungBlueEyes
    Options
    OP if you're brave enough to post the link, you'll get a lot of helpful/blunt/constructive advice. I umm'd and ahh'd for a wee while before putting mine up on here, but I'm glad I did.

Some people don't sugar-coat it though, so if you want people to be gentle, ask and they will :)
    The second man to go over Niagara Falls in a barrel, Bobby Leach, survived the fall but later died as a result of slipping on a piece of orange peel.
  • getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    Do a more like this.

Look at some examples I put on other threads it will give a clue where you should be priced.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure