Rip in Love film by post

Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    That's your opinion. Others might disagree.

I think it's the discs which are reaching the end, not Hollywood films...

my friends and i who use LBP refuse to pay £15-20 to download a tv series. As this is the price range for tv shows we are renting the discs from LBP but not on Netflix or AP. One of my friends found for £15 you can buy all 6 seasons on disc.

Quite a number of film DVDs from CEX are under £1 each and not on streaming. As P&P is £2.50 for a max of 10 discs. So to max out the postage, get 10 titles - share with a friend.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Quite a number of film DVDs from CEX are under £1 each
    CEX sells second hand, of course.
  • System
    Options
    CEX sells second hand, of course.

I know that. But if you are just want watch once or twice, you are not bothered. I have sold DVDs to them that were new and one viewing from me.

Just went through my rental list for my tv series I have on my list on LBP. Guess what is the % of them on streaming services which I am not paying per episode or per series? 14%! That's Netflix, AP, Sky Go, UKTV Play and All 4. Overall, about half are not on any streaming service - subscription or pay/rent a series

Have deleted those 14% from the list so the final 2.5 months of LBP are not wasted by receiving discs that are on some streaming service.
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    I am very attached to lovefilm. Love coming home and someone has sent me a DVD on the post. When I got this news I was disproportionally upset. It's been a constant in my life for years.

I didn't know there was any other company that did this. Will definately sign up. Thank you all for posting.
    2017- 5 credit cards plus loan
    Overdraft And 1 credit card paid off.

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • System
    Options
    I am very attached to lovefilm. Love coming home and someone has sent me a DVD on the post. When I got this news I was disproportionally upset. It's been a constant in my life for years.

I didn't know there was any other company that did this. Will definately sign up. Thank you all for posting.

Cinema Paradiso.

I did a free trial about 2-3 years ago. The reason I gave it up was because they sent out discs in the order I added them on the list. Is this the case of CP now? I like a surprise, which LBP send a disc on random! Sometimes I don't bother checking my LBP account or the e-mail sent,, once I checked they have received my previous disc
  • Marvel1
    Marvel1 Posts: 7,172 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just had an email of my latest DVD's they are posting out and instead of the usual 3, it's 5! :eek::D
  • System
    Options
    Hopefully they will send outstanding discs to boxsets customers have started to watch. Remember not everything is available to stream.

Imagine how miffed you are end October, LBP close before you get the final disc of a box set!

A couple of questions about LBV

How come some 2 disc sets - both discs come together and some separately

Can they stop us not returning our final discs?
  • Torry_Quine
    Torry_Quine Posts: 18,834 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    cjdavies wrote: »
    Just had an email of my latest DVD's they are posting out and instead of the usual 3, it's 5! :eek::D

I got two instead of one
    Lost my soulmate so life is empty.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
  • Kraftwerk
    Kraftwerk Posts: 32 Forumite
    edited 18 August 2017 at 9:01PM
    Options
    Probably ready to close imminently too.
    I doubt it, now that a lot of the Lovefilm customers will be joining them.

I just hope the team sending out the discs can cope with the extra workload, and there are enough copies of the latest films aswell!
  • System
    Options
    Kraftwerk wrote: »
    I doubt it, now that a lot of the Lovefilm customers will be joining them.

I just hope the team sending out the discs can cope with the extra workload, and there are enough copies of the latest films aswell!

I will be one of them. Got 95% of the stuff I got on my LBP list that aren't on streaming Tip - copy and paste your rental list just in case the LBP website disappears
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure